Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PPK/S, 9mm Kurz made in West Germany imported by Interarms. SN is 240449S. Can I get an idea when this PPK was made? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
If a date code (e.g. 69) is visible next to the proof on the frame, then you can easily calculate the year of the proof by adding 1900.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Let us know what's the two letter code beside eagle/N and antler above the trigger left side is. Probably round about 1980...

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If a date code (e.g. 69) is visible next to the proof on the frame, then you can easily calculate the year of the proof by adding 1900.
Balogh: Excuse me because I don't mean to be a smartass, but ONLY in Switzerland (the land of beer keg bolt handles, diagonal sight dovetails, and cuckoo clocks) would such an intricate extrapolation be suggested. (Actually I find it endearing because the CH is the last holdout in the world proudly maintaining such national idiosyncrasies.)

I would have simply told the OP that those numbers are the last two digits of the year of proof. The possibility of confusion will not arise for another 49, and by then who cares?

M

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
...Switzerland (the land of beer keg bolt handles, diagonal sight dovetails, and cuckoo clocks)
Haha... I'd say twice on target and once just missed. Surprisingly, the cuckoo clocks haven't their origin in Switzerland. They are not manufactured there either. It's the region of the Black Forest in the South of Germany which is famous for these... okay, let's them call clocks. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts