Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi!

I'd like to say a few good words about Kahrs, too. I have Kahr P40 and it is a very reliable small gun. I kind of regret I didn't get K40 (all-steel) to tame .40 recoil. To tell the truth - I don't enjoy target shooting with this gun, I even have to use gloves. But the Kahr wasn't made to be a target pistol - all I want from this pistol is cycle and fire and hit the central mass area - and be concealable. Trust me - concealable it is. It beats my p99 hands down.
Their customer service is great and I had to use it. My gun was a lemon, actually. I don't want to take your time with this story, but they replaced the slide and the barrel and the bunch of other stuff. I have the feeling that only the frame remained from the originally purchased pistol. Somehow the QC screwed before the gun was delivered to my dealer, but they stood behind it firmly and all repairs were made in a week. The bottom line - it does behave now (as somebody mention here) as a swiss watch - sleek and flawless, as it should.
P99 is a fantastic pistol and I love shooting it. But for CWW, if it prints on your body, do not disregard the Kahrs. Just beware the sharp recoil if you want .40, consider the all-steel K models.

Val

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Catbird!

I did install Agrip some time ago, it feels better. The other problem with blistering is here as well
. Now you gave me a great suggestion! That's why I use gel gloves at the range. Also, I learned to hold the little beast really tight. This pistol isn't forgiving at all, unlike my other two toys - the p99 9mm and a full-size 1911.

Val

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.