Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long time going back and forth between my P99c's and my Glock 23's and 19, the time for a sale has come. Drum Rollll!!!! Sorry, Herr Glock, your fine wares have gotta go! It took a while to make the decision but I can't say I have a lot of regrets now...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heh and since I can't edit, anyone else hit that jumping off point and regretted it afterwards?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Not here...but two of my friends did like you...dumped a Glock for a Sig and a Walther...now I may need a Sig to match my buddies....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought about it a looooooooooong time before I let any of the few I did go. Thus in all but one case I had no "seller's remorse."

The one I wish I had back was a Beretta Silver Pigeon 12 ga. O/U Sporting model. While it never fit me well (Brownings do), I let it go for far less than I should have, and they've done nothing but increase since then. I'd rather have it sitting in the safe than the money that it brought, which went into a Beretta 12 ga. semi-auto...which I no longer have...and don't regret not having!! Plus, it was my first "doublegun." :(

My first handgun was a Glock 17 which I don't like, especially after acquiring Walthers, SIGs, Berettas and 1911s, and were it not for the facts that it was my first pistol, and that my son's grew up having fun, learning to shoot handguns and learning gun safety with it, it would be gone. I'd recommend that you keep any that have any sentimental value to you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me there is no real sentimental value involved. The Glocks have always struck me as rather machine like. They are nice and effective for what they do but no real personality to them.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Take that Glock and stuff it in the back of the gun safe!!

Someday when they all the Glocks have safety keys and fingerprint scanners you will thank yourself.

I lost count of the number of firearms I sold because I lost interest in them and later bought again for a higher price.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, you know I was packing them up last night and you know what? Those Glocks felt mighty good in my hand, almost like they needed some more shooting time... And I found I wimped out on the real committment, telling my wife they were going up for sale... Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts