Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
"No changing the right to bear arms to protect the innocent for the US!"

You may want to consider the lives SAVED by responsible citizens in defense firearm usage situation. These stories are skimmed over by the media FAR more often.
"Man DOESN'T bite dog" is NEVER covered. 🤔 Wonder why.
Also, the reduction in attempted crimes due to the perp being "unsure" if the intended victim is armed. Public places in areas that have "shall issue" laws experience very few mass shootings. Ever wonder why? The exception being "shall issue" areas that draw people in from other regions of the country/internationally. Ex; Nevada is "shall issue", but the Vegas strip is filled with non-resident/unarmed people.

Armed society=Polite society.

Your post is in the running for "most idiotic comment on WF in 2021". 🙄

You may want to sell that P38. You don't have the right "mindset" to own firearms.🤔

Reactions: mpgus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
A note from the other side of the pond:
this forum also has members for whom English is not their first language. For such members, a contribution that is meant to be satirical in its intention is even more difficult to recognize and is taken even more literally and more seriously, which then inevitably throws a bad light on the author. Perhaps you will keep this in mind in your posts in the future, for example by using emojis. But you have now clarified the true, satirical intention of your contribution and at least for me everything is fine again.
Points made and accepted. Again, my sincere regret if an intended jest fell flat. Mea Culpa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
"No changing the right to bear arms to protect the innocent for the US!"

You may want to consider the lives SAVED by responsible citizens in defense firearm usage situation. These stories are skimmed over by the media FAR more often.
"Man DOESN'T bite dog" is NEVER covered. 🤔 Wonder why.
Also, the reduction in attempted crimes due to the perp being "unsure" if the intended victim is armed. Public places in areas that have "shall issue" laws experience very few mass shootings. Ever wonder why? The exception being "shall issue" areas that draw people in from other regions of the country/internationally. Ex; Nevada is "shall issue", but the Vegas strip is filled with non-resident/unarmed people.

Armed society=Polite society.

Your post is in the running for "most idiotic comment on WF in 2021". 🙄

You may want to sell that P38. You don't have the right "mindset" to own firearms.🤔
<ggg>
I am probably the most anti-gun gun acquirer one will find… while I love the devices, the uses people find for them can be appalling.

But, this is properly another discussion for another thread. I erred by injecting the sidebar.

What I wanted to do is learn more about my P38!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
<ggg>
I am probably the most anti-gun gun acquirer one will find… while I love the devices, the uses people find for them can be appalling.

But, this is properly another discussion for another thread. I erred by injecting the sidebar.

What I wanted to do is learn more about my P38!
Could be another discussion.

The root cause of "evil in men" has never been the tools used. This is why good men MUST be allowed access to the SAME tools in a civilized society.
Something to contemplate.

Noteworthy here, the word "Utopia" was derived from the Greek language, being ou 'not' + topos 'place'.
Those wishing to achieve Utopia need to realize going in that the term was devised as an indicator of the folly that would follow.
The very term warns it's users that Utopia is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve on earth, due to the inherent evils that reside in mortals.
Funny how most "professors" skim over that part. 🤔Wonder why.
More to think about.

Reactions: mpgus

·
Registered
95 Posts
Could be another discussion.

The root cause of "evil in men" has never been the tools used. This is why good men MUST be allowed access to the SAME tools in a civilized society.
Something to contemplate.

Noteworthy here, the word "Utopia" was derived from the Greek language, being ou 'not' + topos 'place'.
Those wishing to achieve Utopia need to realize going in that the term was devised as an indicator of the folly that would follow.
The very term warns it's users that Utopia is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve on earth, due to the inherent evils that reside in mortals.
Funny how most "professors" skim over that part. 🤔Wonder why.
More to think about.
Yes, but the effects of evil are magnified by the tools used.

Oh, to muddy the waters. …. I am the OP using an older account. My Don Wallbaum account was intended to be ad hoc for posting one question, and I forgot I had this legacy acct that is connected to a preferred email address.

Don

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Yes, but the effects of evil are magnified by the tools used.
Sam Colt called his creation "the great equalizer".

Removing the tools just allows those bigger and stronger (with evil intent), to run roughshod over society. Also massive gangs.

How does a society ban rocks, sticks, clubs, fists, feet ........🤔

Ban elevations too. Some countries throw LGBTQIA off roofs. Good luck.

Living on this planet is NO place for sissies.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's a nice P-38 and it is a great reminder of the tremendous heroism and sacrifice of the Canadian Armed Forces during WWII.
INDEED!

The Canadian Armed Forces have been incredibly supportive of the US in all its military efforts. It is a highly regarded, appreciated and depended-upon neighbor and friend.

As have been the AnZac and UK forces!

The US has not, sadly, always lived up to the loyalty our partners have shown.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sam Colt called his creation "the great equalizer".

Removing the tools allows those bigger and stronger (with evil), to run roughshod over society.

How does a society ban rock, sticks, clubs, fists, feet ........🤔

Ban elevations too. Some countries throw LGBTQIA off roofs. Good luck.

Living on this planet is NO place for sissies.
Perhaps…. But can’t it be a place for collaboration?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts