Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an extensive search and trial of several different guns on several occassions, I passed on the Walther.  Yes, I still have it on my top list of guns I wouldn't mind having and may still get in 6 months, but I found something that clicked just a little better and fit me very well.  It just feels right in my hand, and secure in my mind, and that was what mattered most to me.  The P99AS felt good in all aspects, but something just wasn't clicking to me in the long run.  

I ended up getting a full size all steel Baby Eagle in 9mm.  

It's ok, I'll understand if you ban me now.  Flame on!  Oh wait, you guys aren't like normal glocktalk'ers!    

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Hey in a way you did stay in the family

Walther took over the Magnum Research distributing in Europe as of March 2006

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, so I'm still sort of a once removed step child then?  Interesting to know.  Funny how that kind of thing happens.

Here I was worried about losing my last little bit of self esteem by getting slammed by a bunch of ruthless online militia type forum posters.  

Oh, wait, there's only been 1 reply.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think as long as you don't buy a Gluck you will be allright ... well untill you bash the Walther's

So let us know how you like that Baby Eagle.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Dec. 15 2006,10:02)]I think as long as you don't buy a Gluck you will be allright ... well untill you bash the Walther's

So let us know how you like that Baby Eagle.....
LOL!  I will admit, I at one time did try a glock, but I did not inhale.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
No need for Walther owners to bash others. Walther’s are a “gentleman’s” gun. Well, sort of…anyway if a person is confident in themselves and in the craftsmanship of their firearm there is no need to bash others while trying to make you feel good about yourself. An all steel, full-size Baby Eagle? There is nothing baby about that Eagle! Enjoy your new purchase and when you get your P99 you can give us an honest comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
JakeStarr you are correct.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
A little big for concealed carry for me, but the baby eagle is just about the smoothest, sweetest shooting gun out there under 1K I've ever shot.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I had a friend who had a baby eagle. It was prone to rusting, really bad. So watch it closely and keep it clean. It was a good shooter.

On Glocks, there is 2 Glocks that everyone should own.....the G20 and G29. 10mm baby!!! These are by far the kings of 10mm pistols. I wish Walther would make a 10mm, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
your right P88.... 10mm is not going to happen .. and if it be H&K before Walther ever will..... they have not even made a .357 or .45.... so why 10mm......

I gues the Baby Eagle could get some NP3 or Hardchrome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts