Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might know I'm headed to my first gun show tomorrow. I would love to find a good deal on the PPS. In your experiences, what seems to be the pros and cons of going to an event like this in search for one of these? I'd appreciate anyone's input!:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh..

Thanks, Searcher. I should have seen that.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Hey, no worries. Things change out there; might be some insight floating around that folks have right now that wasn't available six months ago. It's also true that not all gun shows are created equal. Some are on my must-attend list; others, not so much. But I don't go to a gun show to find deals, on guns or ammo, and I sure don't go looking for deals on pistols that are currently readily available on the market. It's unlikely that in the current shape and state of things, deals are waiting out there to be discovered.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Haven't been recently, but Walther's are pretty rare at those shows IIRC.

Also your signature is awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truth be told, I'm pretty excited about it. Taking some cash just in case, though. I'd prefer to buy new, but I'm just picky like that. I like to be the first to fire a round through the barrel. Do you guys have prefs on cleaning products? If I should search for that too, just say the word.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I went to the show in Maumee OH. this morning. There was ONE modern Walther in the whole place, a used P99 QA that was marked at $600, more than list on a brand new P99 AS.

Also spotted an RZM PPK priced over $4K, a PP Super right around $2K, a couple mix master P38s of dubious lineage and optimistic pricing, and one I've never seen before, a Manurhin P1.

Nothing I wanted, or could afford even if I did.

*sigh*

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Ther are NO DEALS at local gunshows.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At the Houston Gun show at Reliant a couple of weeks ago, I saw at least one 9mm PPS (I think there were two at one of the Dallas Gun store tables) that had a $529 price tag. However I do not know if they were new or used or what they came with. Was not interested in investigating the specifics as I am very satisfied with my .40 PPS. There were no magazines for any PPS at the show (one of the reasons I went to the show) and ammo prices were definitely still NOT a bargain - not even close to Academy's pricing.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It all comes down to what one considers a deal. I have purchased many new pistols at the gun show by me. I will walk out with one for about the same price as one from Buds or Kentucky guns. I have to pay sales tax which is roughly the same as paying the FFL transfer fee. Sometimes I might end up paying $20.00 to $30.00s more, but I have it in hand and don't have to wait a week for the shipping.

This past weekend at the WPB Gun Show, the only Walther's I saw we're the S&W PPK/S, P22(different models), PPX and the new style PPQ's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts