Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I,myself just found this forum. Hope we get a lot of followers here for hints and tips sharing.I also am a P99 .40 in O/D green and black owner. I've been hangin out in a Glock discussion group in www.areguns.com (I'm a 3 star member there)but I don't own a Glock....Just wish that I could own a new one...I live in Massachusetts and Glock aren't Mass. comliant ...YET....I hear that they will be soon though...Any word on that???I also frequent a SIG group, www.sigforum.com (being a SIG p232 stainless owner).             I ve had my p99 for about 4 months now... about 500 rounds and not a burp,hick-up,cough or fart! I saw a p22 in a shop... Man! are they nice.... heard the news about mag problems and delays in new mags being replaced.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A Walther forum!!

Found this the other day and have been lurking. I see lots of familiar faces form Park Cities. Catbird, denfoote, Doc Lunde. I hope this one takes a set like the Cult of the P7 did over there. For those that don't know me, I have the 9mm version all black.

I have been exploring the 1911 .45 world the last few months with a new Colt, but day before yesterday I pulled the P99 out of the safe and wore it around for my daily routine. At the end of the day my back reminded me how pleasant a lightweight 9mm with no sharp edges is to wear.

Hmmm. It appears my journey may have brought me full circle. I hope to get a chance to read through all the posts and get caught up with everyone over the next few days.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks Catbird. I see you're up to two P99s already.

I spent the evening reading through the different posts.

I figured out the Admin dude is Rovert. Nice little gasthaus you have here Rovert. I'll be poppin' in for a pint and some good conversation time permitting. Thanks for putting this place together.

·
Registered
127 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SweatyMex @ Aug. 27 2002,6:53)]WaltherP99Man

Glad to see you like that icon I made!

Got the original from Dr. Lunde
Hey Sweatymex! Yes it's very nice. With a screen name such as mine it seemed to be the best fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, ok, here I am. Here's the story. I own a Glock 26 and use to own a Kahr P9. I just recently sold the P9 with the intention of getting the new PM9. Needless to say that has become a waiting game that seems to have no end.

What I like about the Kahr is it's size. Very slim and light. I've called about an MK model my FFL does have a MK40 Elite 98 (stainless). ($629 w/ NS)

So I've been reading about this P99. Sounds great! I must admit it is a very good looking gun and everything that I've read about them, here and elsewhere, has been good. I've got money set aside for another purchase. I love the sounds of this P99 but it isn't comparible to the concealability of the PM9.

Talk me into this gun

USAcitizen

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't need to talk you into this pistol; you go shoot one and then you'll talk yourself into it.  I own two Walther P99s and I am very pleased with both.

I also own a Kahr P40.  It's nice and I use it for CCW quite often.  I've been reading many  complaints about Kahr's QC going "south" lately which causes me more than a little concern.

I've also been patiently waiting for the PM9s to hit the market so I could buy one, but I think I'm going to wait at least another 6 mos. or so until they are fully debugged.

Bottom line: Buy the P99 now and buy the PM9 in a few months.

·
Registered
127 Posts
USA while the Kahr is smaller which helps concealment, covering up a gun is a combination of factors including clothing, holster design, etc.

I carry mine in an Alessi CQC/s holster. FBI cant on my right hip. I have carried in the hot summer sun under an untucked polo shirt, as well as the square bottom camp shirts that are so popular now. No one has noticed yet.

Also as Catbird said shoot it once, and you won't even remember why you wanted the Kahr. Tack driving accuracy, sweet trigger, great feel in the hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to try and get a hold of one to shoot. Don't know it that'll be possible so I'd probably buy one without shooting it.

Would you guys say that is it the size of the Glock 17, 19 and 23? How easy are the 16 rounders to find, how expensive?

I guess if I bought one it'd be just to own one, I doubt it'd be easier to conceal/carry than the Glock 26 that I carry now.

I need to go look at an MK 9 or 40 and the Walther. Maybe tomorrow........

USAcitizen

·
Registered
127 Posts
To me it seems to fall in between the 19 and the 17 but closer to the 19.

The standard capacity mags are out there I haven't looked lately. I need to do that myself. I think Val who posts here has some at his business.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I frequently see the 16-round 9mm magazines in the $70 - $80 price range.  I have six that I found via www.gunbroker.com.

BTW, if you ever see any P-99 hi-caps mislabelled as "Turkish" magazines, don't be inhibited.  These are NOT cheap, troublesome aftermarket magazines; they were made for Turkey by Walther/MecGar. Except for one witness hole that has been omitted, they are exactly the same as non-Turkish Walther/MecGar hi-caps for the P-99.

Do a search @ "Park Cities Tactical", "The Firing Line", and/or "Glock Talk" and you'll find an abundance of info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright guys, thanks for all the info. I'm going to try and go look at a P99 tomorrow. I don't know, I love my Glock 26, especially carried in a belt slide type holster. It's compact and I'm very accurate with it. I guess I'm just somewhat enamoured with this Walther, it sure looks like a NICE gun!!

Maybe I'll officially join your ranks tomorrow! By the way, I'm hearing prices of around $589 with night sights, sound about right?

Oh yeah, one other thing. If I understand this trigger set up it's a long DA on the first shot with somewhat light SA shots thereafter. Or you can switch modes and have a slightly longer SA for all shots. That right......kind of?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The Walther P99's are great handguns.

Dr. Lunde turned me onto them and now all the guys I normally shoot with want one as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts