Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have one of the first batch PPQ m2s....Love it.

Weighing my options.

I am thinknig of having the slide milled for either the q4/q5 plates from L&M or direct milling an optic... But you lose the rear iron sight...and cowitness...so...

Also thought about getting a threaded barrel...adding a comp down the road maybe? PMM is making one :D

Does it make more sense price wise to just buy a Q4 Tac from scratch? And leave this alone? or what?

How much are the plates to buy from Walther directly. I have a q5 match but I don't want to borrow that plate I think? :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Depends on what you want. Direct milling for an optic gives you the ability to use back up irons, and sets the optic a lot lower into the slide than the Q4/5 plates do. If this is a gun for serious defensive use, that's the way to go. If you just want a red dot-equipped pistol for range use, then buying a Q4 probably makes more sense. It definitely makes more sense than milling a standard PPQ pistol for Q4 plates- if you're going to the trouble and expense of custom milling, do a direct mount and get the proper height and BUIS out of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on what you want. Direct milling for an optic gives you the ability to use back up irons, and sets the optic a lot lower into the slide than the Q4/5 plates do. If this is a gun for serious defensive use, that's the way to go. If you just want a red dot-equipped pistol for range use, then buying a Q4 probably makes more sense. It definitely makes more sense than milling a standard PPQ pistol for Q4 plates- if you're going to the trouble and expense of custom milling, do a direct mount and get the proper height and BUIS out of it.

Its definitely not cheap getting direct milled :c or even buying the plates separately..

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I’m doing the direct milling with L&M Precision. I want the optic low. But I already own several PPQs and don’t want to buy yet another in the Q4...although I gave it some thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What's a very rough cost estimate for having the milling done plus the price of a plate? Just trying to get a rough idea.
Mark at L&M is charging $165 to mill for the plates and cerakote the cut. I don’t know how much Walther charges for plates. I had Mark mill my PPQ 45 for the plates and I am so glad I had it done. I already had a Q5 and Q4, so I had two sets of plates. I use a DeltaPoint Pro on the 45. I’m also in the small contingent of not caring for backup irons, but if I wanted too I could get an attachment for the DP Pro. I use a Shield RMS with their plate on my Q4, which cowitness with oem front sight.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Mark at L&M is charging $165 to mill for the plates and cerakote the cut. I don’t know how much Walther charges for plates. I had Mark mill my PPQ 45 for the plates and I am so glad I had it done. I already had a Q5 and Q4, so I had two sets of plates. I use a DeltaPoint Pro on the 45. I’m also in the small contingent of not caring for backup irons, but if I wanted too I could get an attachment for the DP Pro. I use a Shield RMS with their plate on my Q4, which cowitness with oem front sight.
Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts