Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch out for this company: http://www.germanguns.de/exportindex.htm.

The Owner is a guy called Claus. I ordered some P88 magazines and a set of wood grips for the same gun on 8/18/09. He refused to take a CC or MO and said the money had to be wired to his personal account. That should have been a warning, but...

I have sent him several emails asking where are the products I ordered and he only said the items were shipped. I asked on at least four occasions for the shipper name and tracking number and he has refused to provide it.

I said that if he cannot provide a shipped and tracking number to send back my money. His response was, that it was delivered and how dare I ask for my money back and a refusal to provide the shipper and tracking number.

Any suggestions on how to put pressure on him in Germany? It is not so much the money now as the principal and trying to stop him from selling in the USA!

This guy is a complete rip off. STAY CLEAR.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
This might be the second complaint we've seen registered on the forum regarding Claus and GermanGuns. Many forum members have dealt successfully with him in the past, myself included, and have highly recommended his operation to others. I'm not sure what's going on in this case, of course, and I'm not doubting Sonny Boy's report, but I would suggest that perhaps some form of miscommunication (language?) is afoot here that has escalated things to this level.

Has anyone out there established a reasonable relationship with Claus at this point who could volunteer to mediate?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a commmunication problem.

Thanks for the reply and support.

A gentleman from Nill-Griffe http://www.nill-griffe.com/ (great company) also called this guy and asked what was up. Nill-Griffe sold me some grips and I thought they would speak German and maybe would call. I can't believe they did it. He said the guy was pretty nervous, said he mailed the products to me, no tracking number, but was now going to file a lost report.

Nill-Griffe also sent me a link to http://ec.europa.eu/information_soci...e/index_en.htm
which is to file complaints for overseas purchases.

So maybe with your help and the call from Nill-Griffe this will break loose. Big High Five to Nill-Griffe.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Thanks for that update, Sonny, and the fresh material it contains. Let's hope that Claus comes through with that bit of pressure applied in his direction. Must say that I'm surprised; he has been a reliable supplier for a long time now. I can recall only one other instance reported on the forum regarding his operation and many many more success stories.

Please keep us posted on the matter. We will want to update our links regarding GermanGuns if this doesn't quickly break your way.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
We appreciate the updates one again, Sonny. Let's make it clear here at this point foward that folks who decide to deal with GermanGuns should, for the time being, at least, be cautious at a minimum in conducting business with Claus.

Sorry to see this happen, Sonny Boy. Be sure to keep us updated as you move toward resolution; let's hope that it's both quick and favorable.

You have to be logged into the HK site for the link to work, by the way, in your post in No. 5 above.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HK Post

Thanks for the note on a sighn in. Here is the Quote from the other HK Member jbubba57:

BEGIN QUOTE:
"This is the same guy that I have my problem with: http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...hlight=customs

I bought 3 HK 300 WMR magazines from him by wire transfer. They came without a hitch real fast and are brand new factory original HK magazines. Perfect transaction.

Then I bought 7 more and again did the wire transfer. This time they didn't come and didn't come, and when I queried him he claimed they had been shipped but maybe they were in US Customs, and he ignored my request for verification, even a shipper name and date, of when they had been sent. Hence my post noted above, about US Customs.

I first found this seller through ISoldMyGun.com, and on that site, the administrator told me that Claus had been blacklisted with them due to questionable credit card or other transactions. Claus explained it to me and it sounded reasonable, and as I really wanted the 3 magazines, I did the first order and just took a chance on losing the money ($70 a pop). After that went well, I didn't worry, and then did the second transaction. To date, I still have never received anything from him or from US Customs, and I wrote it off in my mind way back then. I didn't know we could post such negatives here, as the transaction did not occur here or originate from here, or I would have given the details back with my posting (April 2009). I'm sorry you didn't have my feedback perhaps to consider before you did your transaction, and I have been told that nothing can be done about him.

But I agree totally, stay away from GermanGuns.de and Claus. As far as I'm concerned, if he won't verify the shipment, then he never did it, and it's just his "dodge" to blame things on US Customs or shippers or whatever, or as he told me, "I just sell it, I don't deliver it personally."
END OF QUOTE

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have dealt with claus in the past and never had a problem. He always answered my emails promptly and never experienced an issue with any of the orders I placed. He was one of the best sources for magazines during the years that standard capacity mags were banned.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not Any More

He has not answered the last four of my emails and never supplied a tracking number, name of shipped (although he did tell Nill-Griffe Rep), nor the date it was shipped. This is pretty simple stuff to supply and end the problem, if it was never shipped as I believe, that is when you do not provide the tracking number, shipper, date of shipment and refuse to answer emails.

Ship something overseas (I ship Priority Mail on any item and always get a tracking number) and you always get a tracking number. Pretty simple item to supply. I have never been burned for any item that I have purchased throught the internet in our out of this country until German Guns.

I have also contacted a few of his Blacklisted customers, and guess what? They have the same issue, wired funds and no product shipped! Same story, Claus said "It must be lost in the mail or customs, no tracking number, no name of shipper, no date of shipment. It is not his problem he can only ship it, if it is lost it is not his problem". What a scam!

I disagree, take money, ship it with a tracking number, insured if need be and stand behind your company. He should be shut down and I intend to push this as far as possible in the forums and in the legal areana.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
And another country heard from. Excellent.

Let's all keep a careful eye on this case, folks. It's a good test, not just in this instance but down the road as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Claus,

It would have been a much simpler transaction to provide the above information to me weeks ago when I requested same.

I do thank you now and will wait for your response and hope for a speedy resolution to this matter.

Thanks to Walther Forums for your help and intervention!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
It looks as though we have Parabellus to thank for this intervention. So a salute goes out to Russell (who also has an lingering issue with this supplier) for bringing both sides to the same table here.

The important thing is that the problems get cleared up, not only here and now for both Sonny and Russell, but also for future dealings as well. Many members through the years have used GermanGuns to get parts and supplies and have been satisfied with the service, which is why it has been a recommended site for a long time now. Our goal is to get back to that point, both now and long into the future.

Please keep us all posted on the status of these orders, guys. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
USPS

I took the USPS Tracking Numbers Claus has listed and submitted a request for update on the delivery of the order.

If the tracking information is my order (TBD) the items hit New York on 8/26/09.

The items ordered were six Walther factory 10-round magazines (because I live in CA) and wood grips for a all items are for a Walther P88 full size.

So let's see what happens with their response.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Resolving GermanGuns issue

Glad to be of some small help here. It could be that the issue is as simple as Kalifornia's rediculous 10-round magazine limit. :rolleyes:
Since it seems that the problem may be on track for resolution can somebody rename this thread at least for the time being? :confused:

Russell

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hold on there Pilgrim!

The name of the thread and it being posted is the only reason things are moving. I requested this information on four seperate emails and was not provided this information, nor were my emails resonded to by Claus.

It is also undetermined if the tracking number and shipment is actually for me. Why was this so difficult to provde to me? Anytime I have requested (most cases the seller provides this information without a request) it is provided in an email and communication is prompt. I would like to get confirmation from UPS that that was actually being sent to me and what is up?

Not ready for a name change until this is shaken loose. You have the same problem, payment, no delivery, and no real assurance that what was shipped was the right items.

Why is this so difficult, when no other companies have this problem. More than meets the eye her in MHO. I hope I am wrong for both of us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DeMill California

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The order was 6 P88 full size magazines.
Full size magazines are 15 Round.
Nobody in Germany has 10 Round magazines.
Did you find any 10 round P88 Magazines in my
web shop ?
Yes, that´s the best , he ordered items that resticted in his state
and blame others .

Why no dates from the USPS after New York ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.