Walther Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Poloberst, do I recall one of the magazines printing an illustrated version of a Southern victory? Something sounds familiar there.
My history-major daughter loaned me a copy of What If? , which is a series of interesting speculations about what might have been. A really chilling one; what if Hitler had tried to rule the world, or murder 6 million of his own citizens, but not both?
Moon

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
BTW, noticed a 'C' next to the Waffenampt on the left frame of the wartime PPK...any notion of the significance?
Moon

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Moon - Waffenamt stamp means eagle/Waa, eagle/C means police. As we haven't seen any pic, we can only inform about what you've described.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Guys, I've repeatedly tried to post pictures here with Photobucket; even asked my tech-savvy bride to help. Pilot Steve was kind enough to post some pics of a hard-chromed P5.
The marking is an eagle over a swastika, with the 'C' to the right; the eagle/swastika is the 'waffenamt', yes? So that makes it police issue?

Shot it today, with a MecGar magazine; ran like a house afire, and shot straight. Windage was spot on, but I was getting vertical stringing with the tiny sights.
My reloads felt a little snappier than some Privi.
Moon

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mike, I'll likely live with the grips if I get the gun; have some really handsome checkered walnut in my junk box, and never liked the feel.
If you really feel this is junk per its location, maybe I know someone interested....

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The marking is an eagle over a swastika, with the 'C' to the right; the eagle/swastika is the 'waffenamt', yes? So that makes it police issue?
Hi Moon,

it's the same eagle.
One is marked eagle over 359 (older version) or eagle over WaA 359 (newer version). That means Waffenamt = Wehrmacht.
The other one is marked eagle with a C right side. That means Police.

And that's it ;)

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Pilk', things disappear in my junk box, never to be seen again. The producers of The Irishman briefly considered using it in the movie...;)
But I will take a look.

Martin, thank you, so we're clear, you're saying the 'eagle over symbol', plus either variation of 359 for army, and the 'eagle over symbol' plus the C?
BTW, was there a special significance to '359'?
Moon

·
Registered
789 Posts
Guys, I've repeatedly tried to post pictures here with Photobucket; even asked my tech-savvy bride to help. Pilot Steve was kind enough to post some pics of a hard-chromed P5.
The marking is an eagle over a swastika, with the 'C' to the right; the eagle/swastika is the 'waffenamt', yes? So that makes it police issue?.......
Moon
Unless you have paid their fee or have not many images on their website that doesn’t exceed their free service limit of storage, their links don’t work.
Many forums are prohibiting use of Photobucket type hosting sites because of potential loss of links.

Eagle C was an acceptance stamp for the German police system. Also found are the letter F on Walthers, and also letters L and K on weapons. 359 was the number code of the Wehrmacht Acceptance Office (Wehrmacht Abnahmestelle) at the Walther plant during the production of the pistol.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Yessir, I have loads of inactive links for PB. I would post .jpg in a heartbeat if the WF allowed it. Sadly, something that user-friendly isn’t on the agenda.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I’ve been using Tapatalk on my phone for several years now, with very satisfactory results. One of them is the ability to easily include
Images in posts.

Like this ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Eagle C was an acceptance stamp for the German police system. Also found are the letter F on Walthers, and also letters L and K on other weapons. 359 was the number code of the Wehrmacht Acceptance Office (Wehrmacht Abnahmestelle) at the Walther plant during the production of the pistol.
Nearly nothing to add. Thanks Joe!

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
'Geezer, any further tips on how to use Tapatalk?
Moon
ETA- How bad are the taxes on that place? ;)
M

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
'Geezer, any further tips on how to use Tapatalk?
Moon
ETA- How bad are the taxes on that place? ;)
M
Just install it on your phone, browse for WF, log in with your regular credentials and you’re ready to go.

Burg Eltz is occupied by three branches of the original family, each in their own part of the castle so plenty of people to help pay. I bet the heating bill is outrageous.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yessir, I have loads of inactive links for PB. I would post .jpg in a heartbeat if the WF allowed it. Sadly, something that user-friendly isn’t on the agenda.

I apologize for digressing, but what isn't user-friendly on WF? The posting parameters of images are quite generous compared to some other forums. Or am I missing something in your comment.

Regarding PhotoBucket. When I come across a post with an obscured PB link of mine, and the post cannot be edited as is the case on some forums, I will repeat the post at the end of the thread.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts