Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the downloadable manual posted in the sticky, the warranty is listed as two years; however, the printed manual that came with my CCP only states one year warranty. Any one else notice this? Is one version wrong? Could the warranty be serial number dependent?

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Typically it has been 1 year but where Walther knew they had an issue they seem to keep fixing whatever. That has been my experience but I don't know where the new plant is going to go with this. M1911

·
Registered
302 Posts
And here is the point where the Walther representative steps in and offers an explanation on what's going on with the warranty ...

... still waiting.
But, it's still the weekend, Search, maybe tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got off the phone with Walther (about a totally different issue mind you) and happened to ask about the CCP and the issues I've read about online. The rep was quick to say he knew about them and even offered to explain what to the best of his knowledge was the causes of them. I offhandedly commented that I was seriously considering giving up on the CCP in favor of the PPQ which he responded with "Buy both, I did" he said his CCP actually arrived yesterday and he put about 100 rounds through it. He said his also had the markings on the barrel we keep seeing pics of but also told me that like the PPQ, the CCP has a lifetime warranty (to the original owner).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did get his name and he said all of Walther's current offerings (rimfire excluded) are lifetime. Kinda irrelevant as I did purchase a PPQ about 2 hours ago. He offered his thoughts on the issues, but it clearly didn't stop him from purchasing one for himself.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Currently, the downloadable manual states 1 year warranty for the original purchaser - typical from what non-PPQ Walthers we've seen. The PPQ continues to show Limited Lifetime Warranty.

I did get his name and he said all of Walther's current offerings (rimfire excluded) are lifetime. Kinda irrelevant as I did purchase a PPQ about 2 hours ago. He offered his thoughts on the issues, but it clearly didn't stop him from purchasing one for himself.
I'm SUPER leary of this. I used to manage a customer service call center, and we saw all kinds of stuff made up on the spot by our agents. Given that the OP mentioned the downloaded manual showed 2 years before now - and it shows 1 year now, I'd say they corrected it to 1 year.

I strongly suggest not relying on this info. If it is, indeed, a 2 year or lifetime warranty - they're actually not liable for it until it winds up in writing.

Sartori42 reported that he received an email that the PPQ is lifetime warranted, but everything else is not.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Lemmie see if I am following this:

Here is a pistol that was supposed to have been introduced a year ago but was held up because something undisclosed was wrong with it. Now it is released with a slide that should have been scrapped but is re-worked so that the ejector will function (there was no room for it before?). The refinements also include dremeling of the feed ramp and chamber mouth by migrant workers from Houlton, and a ragged tear in the striker channel that shouldn't be there. From this allegedly intentional design feature ("they'll all be like that") a small piece yet unnamed ("Gebrochenschlusskleinstuck, perhaps?) splits off as in a 2-stage missile to serve some orbital function. Most recently, there appears a redesigned striker spring with coils closer together -- which at least makes it harder for shards of slide to fall into the striker channel, jam the striker, and produce misfires. All this on a new gun intended to be carried for self-defense.

And you guys are concerned about the warranty?

Get rid of it before its expiration becomes an issue.

M

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Lemmie see if I am following this ...
Now, there you go taking a narrow pessimistic view of the entire subject! The concern regarding the warranty is just how long we will be able to keep these threads going and how large the threads will become as well as how many photos and videos Wildbill45 will be able to produce (for evidence)! Also, don't forget the camaraderie developed over an extended period of time.....we could form a club and meet annually to commiserate among ourselves.

Other than that I believe you correctly identified just about everything reported to date. In all honesty I have to say that with only 100 rounds fired through mine I have found nothing to complain about....nothing of real importance. However, I plan to pull the striker spring assembly every time and use magnification to examine the entire area.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I must confess to having expressed some interest in the CCP when it was first announced. I also confess that the more I read, the luke-warmer I become with the current iteration of this pistol. Somebody had better get started on a fix, and pronto.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
"Luke-warmer"???? There's a hard-line Pollyanna.

Now maybe I am wrong, which is why people anonymously keep mailing me discount coupons for Ex-Lax. But in this instance I don't think so. In half a lifetime I've seen too much of the seamy side of the firearms industry, up close and personal.

It's not merely a question of "getting started on a fix, and pronto". What does (or should) this episode tell anybody about the standards of manufacture, level of QC inspection, and the corporate direction of Walther today?

Honestly.

Please leave James Bond out of it.

M

P.S. As my fourth-grade teacher used to ask me, "Did you leave your thinking cap in the cloakroom?"

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
One man's luke-warm is another man's reticent, I guess. But there's no question that I'll wait until the bugs are ironed out before making a decision on whether to buy one. And I'll want to shoot it, and take a careful look at it as well, before I pull the trigger on a purchase.

·
Registered
756 Posts
This discussion reminds me of a cruise ship 400 miles off the coast, afire and sinking, and the passengers are debating whether they will get a refund.
No, the difference is no one is sinking, this is about buying a gun, which seems to work fine in regard to shooting, and that is all that matters for a defense gun. Some have problems of some sort, but very few here have had problems that concern how they perform. There are more shooter problems than gun problems at this point from what I am seeing. Cosmetics INSIDE the gun may be an issue for some, but not for others. Why some big deal everything way beyond the pale is amazing.

Simple solution ... if you don't like it, especially so for those WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE and have NO PONY in the Race ... Don't buy one. Simple eh? The rest of us will enjoy the most power per square inch made in the Walther line, the ability to put more shots at speed on target in the least amount of time with such a small size carry gun, which is a cool thing! Again, don't buy one, how easy is that?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
But ... don't you want to buy something that actually works, and that will work tomorrow, and that is designed in such a way that it will work a year from now and five years from now? Doesn't seem too much to ask, especially for folks who are on the fence or who have yet to get a look at this thing.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.