Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about Walther's warranty, actually 2.

I looked at the website and it says "LEGENDARY LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
This season marks a first for Walther firearms in carrying our legendary lifetime guarantee on operation, function and service." Didn't Walther always have a lifetime warranty?

But my primary question is if I buy a used Walther ( a CCP ), will it be covered under warranty or is that only for the original buyer?

I couldn't find any details on the website.

Does this mean that any previous Walther will now fall under the lifetime warranty too?

Thanks,

·
Registered
614 Posts
The CCP manual that is online is from 2014 and says "...original owner for one (1) year from date of purchase...", but this has been superseded by the new limited lifetime warranty.

The online manual for a newer pistol like the PPQ 45 has the text for the limited lifetime warranty which says "...for original owners...":

PPQ 45 manual PDF

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just got off the phone with Fort Smith and after a very happy experience with my recent CCP repair they now say they're out of striker springs. Glad I got mine fixed when I did. :cool:

Just spoke with Walther. Everything after 1993 has a lifetime warranty regardless of owner. So there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Response from Walther:

Hello,

It covers all Walther firearms manufactured after 1993 excluding finish, modifications, abuse or neglect and is not exclusive to the original owner.

Mary Bryant
Consumer Services Tech
Walther Arms, Inc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MGMike:

If you would ask, they will tell you that the lifetime warranty covers guns made since 1993 (change of ownership around that time or something like that), the warranty follows the gun, not the owner (my used Pk380 was serviced FOC no questions asked), and does not cover home gunsmithing, so it's not unusual for them to charge for a part sent out, whereas they would spend 10x the part price in fixing it for free if you sent it in.

I asked about pk380 mags while on the phone and the answer was that they receive more of them than mags for any other gun they sell, and sell every mag usually within weeks of receiving a shipment. MidwayUSA is my go-to for mags, anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts