Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the used Interarms PPK/S apart and I noticed the recoil spring has some serious wear and will likely need to be replaced (look at the red circle):

I'm looking at a standard, 20lb Wolff Spring.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
That is not wear. The last couple of coils are deliberately ground in that manner so that, when under full compression, the spring will not bind in the counterbore in the frame around the barrel.

M

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's good to know.

It was still a pain to get that slide off. Compressing that spring was more of a challenge than I'd anticipated. I suspect that I'm not quite doing it right.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Not all Interarms PPK/s pistols were made this way. Later production eliminated the counterbore and the closed & ground end of the spring. Simpler but less elegant and precise.

M

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not all Interarms PPK/s pistols were made this way. Later production eliminated the counterbore and the closed & ground end of the spring. Simpler but less elegant and precise.

M
This is the closest I've come to determining the age of this pistol. There weren't any papers sold with the gun, just a second magazine - I can't tell when it was made. After cleanup it's in fine shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts