Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted: Walther First Edition PPK/S. Contact me any time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wanted: Walther First Edition PPK/S. Contact me any time.
I have a Walther First Edition PPK/S that I would be willing to sell. Please understand that this is not a safe queen, but it has not been abused either. I don't collect. I enjoy shooting the guns I own. I really enjoy shooting my PPK/S. I have put many hundreds of rounds through this particular gun - probably pushing 1,000 rounds. If you are interested, I will be happy to provide more details.

By the way, I became aware of your search for a First Edition from your post detailing your bad experience with another "Seller". I will be happy to work with you until we are both comfortable with the transaction.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Walther First Edition PPK/S that I would be willing to sell. Please understand that this is not a safe queen, but it has not been abused either. I don't collect. I enjoy shooting the guns I own. I really enjoy shooting my PPK/S. I have put many hundreds of rounds through this particular gun - probably pushing 1,000 rounds. If you are interested, I will be happy to provide more details.

By the way, I became aware of your search for a First Edition from your post detailing your bad experience with another "Seller". I will be happy to work with you until we are both comfortable with the transaction.
* May be interested, contingent upon the price and rifling. Actually, it was a present for my mom, as I no longer collect. Simply put, out of the game. If you could send me some pics, that would help. If you do not have the case and exterior box, I would not be interested. Thank you very much for the input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Synoptic12,
Even If you decide not to consider buying my First Edition, I would like to make you aware of a couple of potential "problems" I have found. Let me preface this by saying I love this gun. Contrary to many of the opinions you may read here, the Fort Smith guns are well designed, well made, and shoot great. I suspect that these issues are because this is a First Edition.

The only real problem I had was with the hammer safety strut malfunctioning and preventing the gun from firing. This only happened after firing about 200 rounds during a single range session. This was not from rapid firing but continuous, carefully placed shots and stopping for reloading a single magazine. As you can imagine, this made the pistol become noticeably warm - not hot to the touch, just comfortably warm to hold in your hand. At this point, the hammer safety strut would occasionally engage and prevent the hammer from falling. I suspect that the problem was the result of unnecessarily tight tolerances between the strut and adjacent parts. Walther repaired the strut and the problem has not occurred since.

The second problem is with the magazines. If I insert a fully loaded magazine and chamber the first round, the magazine is stuck and very difficult to remove. I suspect that the friction between the first and second rounds pushes/pulls the second round forward slightly. This prevents the magazine from being easily removed. It does not prevent the gun from firing, but it can be annoying. I have not addressed this issue yet.

Just a couple of things to be aware of.

Woody89

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Synoptic12,
Even If you decide not to consider buying my First Edition, I would like to make you aware of a couple of potential "problems" I have found. Let me preface this by saying I love this gun. Contrary to many of the opinions you may read here, the Fort Smith guns are well designed, well made, and shoot great. I suspect that these issues are because this is a First Edition.

The only real problem I had was with the hammer safety strut malfunctioning and preventing the gun from firing. This only happened after firing about 200 rounds during a single range session. This was not from rapid firing but continuous, carefully placed shots and stopping for reloading a single magazine. As you can imagine, this made the pistol become noticeably warm - not hot to the touch, just comfortably warm to hold in your hand. At this point, the hammer safety strut would occasionally engage and prevent the hammer from falling. I suspect that the problem was the result of unnecessarily tight tolerances between the strut and adjacent parts. Walther repaired the strut and the problem has not occurred since.

The second problem is with the magazines. If I insert a fully loaded magazine and chamber the first round, the magazine is stuck and very difficult to remove. I suspect that the friction between the first and second rounds pushes/pulls the second round forward slightly. This prevents the magazine from being easily removed. It does not prevent the gun from firing, but it can be annoying. I have not addressed this issue yet.

Just a couple of things to be aware of.

Woody89
I'm aware of the safety and a bit familiar with the mag issue; really not a big deal. I believe I could address that issue. I appreciate your honesty which has almost vanished in this world. You only have three posts after nine months, unlike the armor bearers posting in continuum. Never purchased used in my entire life but if the rifling is not worn down to the nub, I may be interested. This would be with the case and box, as I would not consider the item otherwise. If you have time, you can send me a few pics. Seems as though you a bit concerned regarding the dependability. Needless to say, leave those aspects to me. When one sees a 57' Chevy, there's no need to look under the hood, at least not for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I don't have a newspaper, but I hope this confirms that I do indeed have a First Edition. It is in excellent condition with only a few surface scratches from use. I have everything it came with when I purchased it new.

I assumed you specifically wanted a First Edition. I do not collect, so I have no specific interest in the First Edition. It was simply the first of the new PPK's I found available. I really enjoy shooting this pistol, and I will probably purchase a new PPK to replace it. My selling price would need to be enough to allow that. If you are not specifically interested in the First Edition, I would suggest that you simply purchase a new PPK/S.

I thought I could help you find the First Edition you were looking for. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 95775

I don't have a newspaper, but I hope this confirms that I do indeed have a First Edition. It is in excellent condition with only a few surface scratches from use. I have everything it came with when I purchased it new.

I assumed you specifically wanted a First Edition. I do not collect, so I have no specific interest in the First Edition. It was simply the first of the new PPK's I found available. I really enjoy shooting this pistol, and I will probably purchase a new PPK to replace it. My selling price would need to be enough to allow that. If you are not specifically interested in the First Edition, I would suggest that you simply purchase a new PPK/S.

I thought I could help you find the First Edition you were looking for. Thank you for your time.
I need a picture of the breech open to display the firing pin and secondarily a bore light to illuminate the 'grooves'. Just by sight, I can determine if I wish to purchase. The outside looks fine. If you did not chop the photo, I could have seen a bit more. If you could send me those pics, I could easily determine the amount of rounds chambered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do not have any concerns with the dependability of this pistol. Any pistol that shows significant barrel wear after even 1,000+ rounds is not worth owning. It is a Walther. I have no concern with wear at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can take more photos tomorrow when I have better lighting.
Sure, no hurry. My problem is always lighting, yet I continue to sell. In fact, I just sold an item today on Gunsamerica, whereby the person did not even request any photos, none; just the one photo I displayed. I've never conducted a transaction where the buyer did not request additional photos. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI, I started reading this Forum when I purchase this pistol, but I seldom post anything.
You seem pretty adept to me. Have you gained any knowledge, as to bypass the merry-go-round?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, I seldom post on any Forum, and I never sell directly. All of my firearms are sold through a licensed dealer with the appropriate checks and paperwork.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I seldom post on any Forum, and I never sell directly. All of my firearms are sold through a licensed dealer with the appropriate checks and paperwork.
I also sell through FFL dealers, no other way that I know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Synoptic12,
I did not have a chance today to take the photos you requested. Simply not a good day. I will try to find the time tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Synoptic12,
I did not have a chance today to take the photos you requested. Simply not a good day. I will try to find the time tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
That's fine. Thanks for the courtesy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Synoptic12,
I finally found time to take the photos you requested and a few more. I hope the Forum server can handle these. Let me know if you have a problem viewing them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem viewing pics. To me, the lands are 1/3 worn and the pic I'm inserting is an issue (Red Arrow). I'll let you elaborate. Irrespective of that, nice piece.
FILE A.jpe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like I said in the beginning, it is not a "Safe Queen". I also told you in the beginning that the money I received for my First Edition would need to be enough for me to turn around and purchase another PPK. It appears that you consider my First Edition to be too well used to support that kind of price. I thank you for your time and hope you find what you are searching for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts