·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I hate to say it, but...Earl's has it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did buy one from Earl but I didn't want to buy the second one from him. At $25 a piece from him it's a bit pricey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I purchased one from someone out in CA off ebay several months ago and I think he had more of them. I'll look through my old emails and papers and see if I can find his address.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, I found his email address. I sent him an email inquiring if he still had any. If he has any, I'll ask him if ok to post his email address or send to you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
By the way, this was OEM part made in Germany for the Euro models and the price from this fellow that I paid was $9.95 and was new in wrapper and looks and works great. A little less than what earl's charges.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Plus!..."Attitude not included"

·
Registered
112 Posts
You are absolutely correct Herr Walther. In fact, the fellow that sold me the sight included a post card of the area he was in as I had got to talking to him about when I was in the service many years ago and attended language school in Monterey CA and he was nice enough to include a picture postcard of CA (no charge); a fair price on the part plus something extra at no charge, not exactly Earl's way of conducting business! The other good news is, I am taking tomorrow off from work and heading to the range with a friend and my P99; have an assortment of ammo I am anxious to try/compare, Speer, Winchester, Federal and wanted to try again some import stuff I purchased "PMP", ever hear of that brand?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe Earl is charging extra for the "attitude". Do you think he would sell it cheaper if he leaves the attitude out?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know; interesting thought though. I went to a local gunshow here in New England a few weeks ago. I think I stopped and chatted with just about every one there that had a table set up except for Earl, and he did look a little lonely there so maybe the old saying of what goes around comes around is in fact working.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In all honesty. When I went to Earls shop he was very abrupt and borderline rude at first. After about 20 minutes of talking to him he did ease up and became a bit more social. His prices are still way too high though. And he won't knock a dime off of a price for you either. That kinda sucks because every other gunshop in the area will be at least a little flexible on prices.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hk-sigman, I just recvd an email answer back from Adrian, the fellow I purchased my sight from, and unfortunately he is out of stock of that item. I will let you know if I can find any other sources for it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Guys. I purchased the sight from Manfred Kaehny in Germany. He charged me $6 for the sight and $6 for 4 day shipping. I came out paying less than half of what Earl charges and Mr. Kaehny was great to deal with!! That's where I'll be doing all of my Walther shopping for now on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great, I'm glad you found one. That is incredible how much better the price was than Earls. The next item I need, I will defintely check Mr. Kaehny first to show we appreciate his treating Walther owners fairly. I have seen some of his ads on Gunbroker.com, seems like he has a nice supply of parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts