Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The muzzle of the 9mm barrels have not been changed at all. 9mm barrels have always had the same crown and muzzle design.
With the .40 caliber barrels the barrel crown itself has been the same from the first P99 until today. What has been changed however, is the radius on the outside. From the outside of the barrel diameter to the vertical end of the barrel we made a cosmetic change. In 1999 (code KK) the outside of the .40 barrel end was changed from a large radius to the same design as used for the 9mm barrels. The chamfer at the end of the rifling on the muzzle side has never been changed."

And regarding strikers:

"Striker assemblies are interchangeable between the .40 and the 9mm. Striker assemblies are not interchangeable between P99, P99 QA, and P990."

Maybe some nice additions for the FAQ!

CK

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't quite understand the first issue (a photo would help immensely), but as far as the striker, I just modified FAQ item I-1 to reflect this information. The change will go live in about two hours.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first generation .40 P99's had a rounded barrel at the outside muzzle end.  They changed it to more of a 90 degree edge at the barrel end, like all of the 9mm's.  The crown, or what looks like the countersink on the inside of the barrel has not changed, always the same angle cut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts