Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther was arrogant again when they decided to jack up the price of their PPKS from $629 to $699 to now $799. With their greed of trying to sell us all a gun worth only $400, they never knew in their wildest dreams that the economy would fall apart.

They attempted to sell the PPKS "one by one" so we all would pay $800 (maybe even more). If they only had a mass production when the gun came out last year and sold the gun for $629 or lower, they would have made bookoo bucks $$$.

In their infinite wisdom they decided to produce one gun per day at twice its value. I wonder how many people at Fort Smith Walther are working at home now. I hope I'm not just an old man ranting.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tpt00,

Your not just ranting. I think they are testing the market to see what it will bear. Personally, I would not spend this kind of money simply because I don't like the styling of the "improved" PPK/S. Used, unimproved PPK/S's are out there. Let's see how things shake out in the next few months. With the panic buying going on things could get interesting for all weapons sales.

Duncan

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The gun business is booming now. As stated in another post my shop's business has increased 4X. The store has been restocked 4X this week and people are still lining up to buy. Guns that you could hardly give away are flying of the shelves for top dollar. Bulk ammo discounts are gone too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Duncan and Jimbo. Ft. Smith Walther had two years to ramp-up, mass produce, and sell to a very large pool of buyers. I think a fair price would have been around $525; although its really worth closer to $450. It's not going to be possible to ramp-up production now - not to mention getting slides from Germany and metal from China. I don't rely on them for self defense, but I have a PPK and a PPK/S both by Interarms. My PPK is pristine condition and fun to shoot.

For me the PPK's and .380's are really for recreational shooting; I use a much larger caliber. I noticed .380 is up to $1.00 per round now.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Walther U.S.A is out of its mind with the high price of their PPK/S. A reasonable price point for what they offer, in my opinion, should be $500 - $550.00. I have had the opportunity to examine and handle their PPK. I wasn't too impressed. Finish isn't too stellar and also the S&W beaver tail remains. Fort Smith furthermore turns a deaf ear regarding offering a 7,65mm variant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The PPK was a great gun......... in the 1930s! It's basically a memorabilia piece now. It can't compete with modern quality handguns. I use to own one but I traded it in on a Glock - even trade. Sure, if I'd waited a couple of years it's value would have increased some but I couldn't live any longer with a gun that may or may not fail on me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts