Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got the P99 DA/SA trigger and yes in about 1000 rnds it was very very nice!
But I hear alot of lookers at gunshows and stores mention how bad the trigger is.. Some try it and disreguard the pistol because they are about as bad of a factory new trigger as there is. And I think some buyers never get past that.
Seems to me that Walther could just polish these triggers before they leave the plant and make them alot better.
Ever notice how pistols or rifles with very good triggers get tried alot before putting them down.
It's kinda like apistol with a bad trigger ya got to talk yourself into looking further, but pistols witha good trigger ya got to talk yourself into stop looking.
These are great pistols. About as good as anything I've handled and shot. And for me better than anything I've yet to try and I've been shooting alot of yrs.
And in this price range even with the price cut they're still not a cheap pistol. And in this price range they should have a better trigger even out f the box.
I think P99 sales would really go if the new pistol triggers were just polished to make them decent.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ya Sig, Yea my trigger is very very good now after over 1000 rnds.
But I mean the trigger when these pistols were new they are poor feeling to say the least.
And I've had several fellers tell me they looked at the Walthers and the triggers were crappy. And they didn't really give the pistol much of a look after that.
So I think alot of new buyers will be turned off by the rough Brand NEW trigger. And never get beyound that to found out what a great pistol the P99 is.
And I think some factory polishing would get these triggers preaty smooth right from the factory.
I didnt like the rough trigger either and was lucky enough to have a preaty knowledgeable gun shop who filled me inthat it would smooth out. So I checked out this board and fond out they did. Then I really really looked at this pistol and found it to be one of the best built well designed and just fit me great.
I like it so much I will soon be getting a second one. After CCW for 35yrs I really think this will be my carry peice for the next decade. So I want a backup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've both a 9 and a 40 P99 recently purchased. Why I purchased them was for the grip. I had read that the trigger inproves as it is worn in, so I wasn't to concerned. The grip sold me. (and I could tell right away the difference between the 300 round 40 and the zero round 9).

My question is are the surefaces that are wearing in metal or plastic? I think that the surfaces are plastic.

Wouldn't this preclude standard trigger jobs? Is this the way Glocks are as well?

How does the lube that is used affect the wear in of the trigger?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts