Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of PPQs at the match this weekend. I was shooting my 4" PPQ M1 in CCP division, friend was shooting his Q5 Match in SSP.

I ran the Chrony and Equipment check so I got to fondle everyone's guns :p

Walther Shooting Team was there including new Member Chris Keller. I don't know how they shot (the results were not final until after 7:00PM last night and are still not posted anywhere).

I know I didn't win any money as I was 4th CCP Expert :( Safety Officer shoot day on Saturday was not fun - hot, muggy, 104 heat index, late start, lots of excuses for shooting crappy. :p

The shooters shot yesterday in 75 mild overcast weather :rolleyes: Typical.

Saw probably 5 or 6 Q5s, one PPQ M2 5", 3 or 4 PP4 M2 4". I think a couple of the Q5s had the APEX trigger installed. Slight improvement over factory but not THAT much of an improvement.

Gordon Carrell had the new Sig 320X5 - I was not impressed :cool:

One of our club members has the Canik TPSFX and it has the most impressive-close-to-PPQ-Q5 trigger that I've tried.

I did get to try and shoot the new Wilson Combat EDC X9 which uses a modified PPQ M2 magazine and it is SWEET for sure. Have mine on order. ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And from the results posted just a bit ago, Chris Keller was HOA and 1st SSP Master with his Q5 :D Beat Gordon Carrell. Impressive.

·
Premium Member
13,495 Posts
So, let me know when they're having another match in the DFW area.....I'd like to go and watch....swap lies.....etc. I'll bring your old 5" Q....heck, I'll being a couple...one with Apex trigger and one with factory trigger....both with aftermarket springs and redneck smoothing job. They're light and smooth....maybe too light for some....but just right for me. :D

Oh, how bout a 65° day.....and cloudy.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next match is in Cresson on October 14. Lone Star IDPA Championship. But I will be shooting my Wilson AR9G in PCC, not my PPQ ;)

I'm not going to IDPA Nationals in Cresson in September, but I'm sure there'll be a lot of Walther PPQs there :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts