Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the harsh title but I'm pretty fed up with the so called after sales service of European gun manufacturers!

I'm trying to obtain (i.e. buy) two lousy spare parts for my P88: a striker spring and a rear sight retaining plunger.

As true Walther aficionados we all know that these two parts are exactly the same for the P88 or the P5. Nevertheless the Belgian distributor let me know that these parts are no longer available (which is BS!!). I'm now trying to buy them through a Dutch gun shop.

Fact is that here in Europe all gun manufacturers like Walther, Benelli, Beretta etc do not deal with end users directly (they're only interested in large government sales) and they revert us towards their official dealers, who are not interested making efforts for some lousy parts because all they want to do is making money by selling new guns, period. In the unfortunate event you have a warranty covered claim, you are entirely dependent upon the dealers goodwill...

It's a shame that we Europeans have a better chance to find our parts for European guns back in the US (like Earl's who already provided me lots of parts and goodies)

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts

I'm trying to obtain (i.e. buy) two lousy spare parts for my P88: a striker spring and a rear sight retaining plunger.

I'd be surprised if the current rear sight retaining plunger for a P99 did not fit.

Of course that does not excuse indifferent customer support for discontinued models such as the P5 and P88...

M

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Potential sources for old & obsolete parts - in the EU

It's a shame that we Europeans have a better chance to find our parts for European guns back in the US (like Earl's who already provided me lots of parts and goodies)
I posted a PM just prior to my post in "The Classics" forum recently...
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...tion-1-collection-parts-extractor-issues.html

...which thankfully resulted in...
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/23482-potential-sources-old-obsolete-parts.html

...which begs the question I ask of our European members.

Who are your parts sources in the EU - especially Germany? This of course would be of use to all, as E.T. stated he has personally benefited from having Earl's here in the States. Earl is a tremendous resource, but he doesn't have all the spare parts in existence... There must be parts sources for these old Walthers in Germany and elsewhere in the EU, and I for one would love to see a sticky develop for additional parts sources abroad.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
We used to send folks to a site called Germanguns.de a few years ago, but more than a few members had trouble with its owner/operator, including incidents where some good were paid for and never delivered; the ensuing fight/stink/uproar could be heard all the way to Roma ... and Washington, D.C.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...644-fraud-germanguns-de-claus-chowanietz.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-general-discussion/11218-watch-out-german-guns.html

And this wasn't the only forum where members had trouble:

WATCH OUT FOR " German Guns" BIG RIP OFF! - Page 2 - Glock Talk

It always pays to do some rsearch before entering into an agreement with someone for an online deal for parts and whatnot. Say what you will about Earl, but he always delivers.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi E.T.

I have many spare parts for the Walther P38 and P5 in stock. Most of these parts were salvaged from broken weapons. If you need anything, just let me know!

Regards,
Dennis
Thanks Dennis! For the moment I'm awaiting the answer from the Van der Zanden gunshop in Zundert. If he can't help me, I'll contact you ...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THANK YOU DENNIS !!!

after searching in vain for about a month through the official channels, I accepted Dennis's offer and merely three (3) days later I received my spare parts by mail, free of charge!

Not that I'm going to promote a free spare parts supply channel but hey, this man deserves a Walther Forum Gold Membership!

As Dennis said, we collectors have to help each other, but there's a difference between saying so and doing so. If you have any request whatsoever Dennis, I'll be glad trying to help you.

Thanks again and keep up the good work: collecting Walthers and sharing this with others :)

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Haha yeah like AoxoMoxoA said, except in my case it's my P5 Compact that's got missing parts. The entire pistol is broken and needs replacement parts. In fact, the only thing that works on it is this 9mm Luger cartridge I have sitting here.

Great post, AoxoMoxoA. You so funny!

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dennis, I have a P5 that needs every part except the front sight post... My front sight post is in excellent condition, but all other parts are unserviceable.

Can you bag those up and ship it over to me?

Thanks...
Sorry to hear you have an almost completely unserviceable but nevertheless beautiful piece of equipment, but hey, why don't you ship these parts over to me and I will recycle them in the most environmentally responsible way ... you may keep your still pristine front sight post as a souvenir :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry about the harsh title but I'm pretty fed up with the so called after sales service of European gun manufacturers!

As true Walther aficionados we all know that these two parts are exactly the same for the P88 or the P5. Nevertheless the Belgian distributor let me know that these parts are no longer available (which is BS!!). I'm now trying to buy them through a Dutch gun shop.

Fact is that here in Europe all gun manufacturers like Walther, Benelli, Beretta etc do not deal with end users directly (they're only interested in large government sales) and they revert us towards their official dealers, who are not interested making efforts for some lousy parts because all they want to do is making money by selling new guns, period. In the unfortunate event you have a warranty covered claim, you are entirely dependent upon the dealers goodwill...

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I absolutely agree with you. Walther after sales service in Europe is appalling as is the after sales service provided by their agents and distributors. I bought a Walther PPQ M2 from ADS/Recht in Wolfisheim France in July 2019. I January 2020 I noticed a small crack had developed in the carcass just forward of the hammer. I contacted ADS/Recht who told me to return the whole issue, gun, mags, box, instructions etc to them and they would have it repaired. It's now August 2020 and they still haven't had my pistol repaired, saying that it out of their hands because Walther have a crap after sales service. They have no concept of customer care. I am now having to resort to legal action against ADS/Recht in Wolfisheim in order to get my money back. If your thinking of buying a Walther firearm just pray nothing goes wrong with it because Walther and the people that sell them don't care about their customers.
I'm off to buy a Smith & Wesson, now there's a name you can trust.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You would think even eight years later after this thread started EU firearms support would have improved. Especially now that the whole world is demanding more firearms, why are they choosing not to capitalize on the opportunity?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts