Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://waltheramerica.com/

As of today the site has a new design... however it still seams to have a lot of missing info and the P99QA showing is a pre 2004,,,,, they have a new desert sand color with a black slide (shown without the hump in the trigger guard).......I could not find AS or DAO anywhere.....

So since I have nothing better to do, I call customer Service @S&W.... as always friendly...I was told there will be no more AS or DAO configurations
The lady told me since the striker is only partialy pre-cocked it would be doubleaction since the pull of the trigger @ 8 lbs. then fully cocks the striker and then fires....
however I belive the "german made" issue that I have seen all over the place sincever I got into the Walther thing, seams to be answered once and for all  
4. Are all Walther pistols manufactured in Germany?
The P99, P22 and G22 are manufactured in Germany. The PPK and PPK/S-1 are manufactured by Smith & Wesson in their Houlton, Maine plant.   ......... I took that from the FAQ link on the site and pasted it here

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did anyone happen to save a copy of the trigger pull chart that used to be on the "old" P99 page? I wish I had...the question comes up all the time. Even though they aren't importing them anymore, lots of people still have the AS model.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't getover it...... I will get me a P99cAS from CDNN.. they still have 20, since I just bought a P99AS in 9mm just so I don't have to get used to different triggers.....

Something I just noticed on the site though is that Waltheramerica lists the triggerpull of the P99QA as 8 pounds as the lady on the phone told me ... and the P99cQA is listed with trigger pull 8.8/4.4.... that would make it a AS gun...
grrrrrrrrrrrr I hate that they can't get their shit together....
As for the chart.. I am sure you can find it somewhere.. if i do i post it

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Navy87Guy @ Jan. 19 2006,16:06)]Did anyone happen to save a copy of the trigger pull chart that used to be on the "old" P99 page? I wish I had...the question comes up all the time. Even though they aren't importing them anymore, lots of people still have the AS model.

Jim
http://194.150.229.31/ersatzteil/P99E.pdf

copy and past the link ,,, it's of the German Walther page, it will give you NM instead of lbs. but its there

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not look for the P22 due to that i have no use for it .. unless my 7 year old is asking for a gun.......

anyhow the prices are SUggested retail.... you better belive that you will get it for less than that at the dealer....
I got my 2004 P99/AS 9mm for $430 before tax

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ Jan. 19 2006,18:52)]Did you see the price they had listed for a P22?

$543.00 What are they crazy?!
Realize that all gun companies list an MSRP higher than the true street value. Everyone does it - I assume it is to give allowance to dealers who wanna charge an arm and a leg and still say "It's what it costs."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts