Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WMP – www.waltherarms.com

This thing looks awesome. Button and lever mag releases, red dot ready, a normal pistol size..... take my money!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Reactions: Angry Hippo

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I wouldn't carry any rimfire cartridge for defensive use.

If this is made in Arnsberg, which I'm assuming it is, you may want to wait a bit to see if there are any issues needing to be addressed before picking one up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The aluminum slide part makes me think arnsberg. If it was 22lr, arnsberg would be a sure thing. Maybe theyll produce it elsewhere due to it being magnum. Maybe USA?

I would have never thought they would give us another paddle release. Maybe this will be something common and they are trying it out with this. This will be a price dependent plus production location purchase for me.

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Since this is a rimfire then I assume it will be manufactured in Arnsberg and that's fine with me. All of my Arnsberg guns have been great.

·
Administrator
3,018 Posts
Held one today at my LGS! Couldn’t believe it was out already. Well the PPX system is back. Hammered fired. Bigger than I thought. Mag release gives option of paddle or button in same gun, kinda weird. Overall was pretty cool.
Hi Sox. Did you happen to notice where the gun was made?

Like Redcat, I'm assuming Arnsburg.

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Here's a link to the description on the Walther Arms site. In the gallery section is a clear picture of the right side with a Cologne proofmark. MSRP of $549.

Trigger Air gun Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
60 Posts
The way that the s/n looks to be inside the frame, it makes me wonder if its like the p22 in regards to the “firearm” being a chassis on the interior. I dont have a p22 myself so i am not that familiar with it.

Heres a close up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's a link to the description on the Walther Arms site. In the gallery section is a clear picture of the right side with a Cologne proofmark. MSRP of $549.

View attachment 104468
Cologne is correct on the proof house. Nice gun, but call me old fashioned, hard to beat the classic PP in .22lr. Certainly my choice., and they are accurate in my opinion. Thanks

·
Administrator
3,018 Posts
Some people prefer the paddle release, others the button, so Walther up and made a gun that had both.

sad heel mag catch sounds ;)
Ha! Yeah...they could have added the heel mag release for the trifecta.

Honestly, I just hope the thing is reliable, accurate and has a good trigger.

I'll also add that I hope the build quality is decent, which can't be taken for granted with Umarex products.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
If it was 22lr, arnsberg would be a sure thing.
Not so fast.

Some really good .22 competition pistols come from Walther in Ulm. I suggest you look up the Walther OSP, GSP, and SSP.

Not an Ulm proof. Gotta be an Arnsberg gun.

Hard pass.
Same.

Judging by all of the previous designs that came out of that factory with a "Walther" banner on the slide having issues, I strongly suggest people do their homework before purchasing anything from Umarex.

Not only that, rimfire cartridges do not have reliable enough primer ignition for me to ever consider one as a defensive pistol.

·
Administrator
3,018 Posts
The WMR seems to still be using the PPQ's grip texturing. I'm surprised by that.

I would have thought they'd use the PDP's texturing to tie the product line together.

The inclusion of both button and paddle mag releases is interesting though of not so much importance I think on something being marketed as an "outdoorsman's" gun.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts