Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
At this point, a simple note to say something along the lines of ... "Howdy; great to be here ... and keep those cards and letters coming because we are interested in your opinion" ... that would be nice.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wishfull thinking

It appears to me that Walther is not interested a bit in the opinion of its loyal customers and users in this forum. Except for fleeting comments of other walther employees in the past three years, really I cannot understand their failure to bond.:confused:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Ulm isn't too far from Oberndorf...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It appears to me that Walther is not interested a bit in the opinion of its loyal customers and users in this forum. Except for fleeting comments of other walther employees in the past three years, really I cannot understand their failure to bond.:confused:
They do not consider bonding to be a corporate mission or imperative. They are not friends....they are a business first, last and always. To talk openly and in a true participative manner opens them up to issues they do not wish to discuss as well as potential legal commitments. I'm certain their attorneys have warned against any public discourse that has not been reviewed first..

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Where did you learn that bit of mis-information?
To help to clarify:

PP-Sport: based on PP frame equipped w. longer barrel sizes (6", /7,6") and SA-only (except some minor excepitons).

PPK/S: PP frame combined with PPK -slide and -barrel. S-suffix meant SPECIAL, as Balogh stated correct.

Edit: Most PP-Sport were also equipped w. secial grips and magazine extensions. PPK/S offer standard PP-grips and -magazine extension.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Maybe Luke will join the discussion and explain his background and areas of expertise and how he fits into the overall scheme of things at Umarex/Walther, including the skinny on Cyndi Flannigan ... and still waiting. :)

How 'bout it, Luke? Anybody home?

·
Premium Member
13,480 Posts
Yes, I hear they're gearing up for a run of PPQ M1 45's for the members of this forum. I also heard the member living if Fort Worth with the highest post count will be presented with a Free M1 45....serial no. 0001. :D

I also heard...........................

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
If I was a CEO, the last thing I would want any of my VP's doing is spending time with customers on the internet. Good lord. I see that as an extraordinarily unproductive use of time by a member of my administrative team. I'd encourage them to hire minions for that task, and if I'm not mistaken there are already a few of those posting here.

I think y'all might be overestimating the importance of the role that this forum plays in Walther's corporate operations.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Apparently, although at least one of the veeps was a regular poster here a couple of years ago, and he cleared up a lot of questions and wild guesses and untrue observations and crazy speculations that were presented as fact along the way. And I don't think that any of that took up much of his time.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The request for Umarex management was and is not to sit on the forum reading hundreds of posts. It is a request for Umarex senior management to communicate....how they obtain their input is up to them. Time is always available and it's cheap.....no manager is paid for his time but he is paid for his accomplishments and contribution to the corporate mission.....and always profitability. The firearms business is highly dependent on word of mouth and a good word is what they ultimately want.

We know Umarex monitors this and other sources for input. It would just be good PR if they would acknowledge and publicly support a significant customer base as is found here.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
When I was working it was strictly verboten to talk about company business on social media unless authorized to do so. There is a very popular forum called Flyer Talk and the company did have a marketing guy posting there. He was not a VP or even close.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The point seems to be moot at this stage. I guess we were all spoiled when Mark Evan Thomas held the job and visited here regularly, providing occasional insights, answering questions, squashing or confirming rumors, and generally hanging out. This wasn't all that long ago, either. You can chalk up the lack of official activity here, I would guess, to either a shift in corporate policy or a lack of knowledge about what is available on the internet (which seems highly likely) to lingering illness, perhaps, to indifference. Take your pick.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The largest and most prestigious corporations in the world will and do communicate publicly and are very responsive to questions and issues.....and many responders are mid mgmt. to VP level. The only time I have seen a total lack of communication is when the corporation is experiencing internal issues that could portend a major change in operation or as an ongoing business. I know that Umarex is a very small business so perhaps they have decided they have nothing to gain or lose......which could be true. Also, thru acquisition of RG and RWS Umarex appears to have made a conscious decision to focus their efforts on "toy" guns and small caliber.....primarily 22's. That does not imply Umarex is dropping the Walther brand but if their major source of revenue is in toys that could explain, in part, why communication dried up.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
This is the first time that I have heard Umarex referred to as a "...lingering illness..." Well played, sir! :p

21 - 40 of 54 Posts