Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
kearsarge,
That's pretty cool! They also have the details for the G22 .22LR rifle.

I'm kind of disappointed that it comes in separate right and left handed versions - I would rather have had it be fully ambidextrous. I'd really like to take a look at one in person, but it looks to me like the spent casings eject from the buttstock area. The webpage states the the fire control and magazine are in the rear of the stock. This would make it unsafe for a left handed shooter to shoot a right handed G22 and vice versa wouldn't it?

I really like the picture of the P99C that is overlaid on the full-size P99 so you can get an idea of the difference in size.

I take it that if Walther Germany's website reflects the new products they should be coming stateside pretty soon. Any new news on when the G22 and/or P99C are coming here?

-Thanks!
-Yoshi

·
Registered
411 Posts
I noticed that they no longer list a OD Military green version of the P99.
All were black/black or titanium/black.

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ni3Frontier @ April 14 2004,12:39)]I really like the picture of the P99C that is overlaid on the full-size P99 so you can get an idea of the difference in size.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ni3Frontier @ April 14 2004,12:39)] Any new news on when the G22 and/or P99C are coming here?
Don't hold your breath. Walther is notoriously slow at getting new items out on the market.

I have heard that the G22's are in distributers warehouses right now though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
P88,
  Thanks for the reply!  I was hoping they'd be out sometime in the summer.  I guess we'll all have to wait and bide our time  

Do you know any details about the G22 as far as where the spent cases are ejected from?  I am curious about if it would be safe for a right handed shooter to fire a left handed G22 and vice versa.  I'd like to get another .22 LR rifle sometime in the near future and this one is attactive to me.  The L/R thing is my only concern as I am a southpaw and my g/f is right handed.

Any speculations on price?

Thanks!
-Yoshi

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yoshi,

Walther is known for its slow act. Last heard from the Walther/S&W rep was that the P99c are planned to be released in May. But many retailers have not received any further words. Another story/rumour is that in 2005 Walther will emphasize more on the QA version than the AS in the service size.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yoshi,

I have not personally seen a G22 yet, however from the pictures I'd say that you won't be able to shoot it from the opposite side. Mainly because of the charging handle. It is right in the middle of the stock where you would normally put your cheek.

I thought I heard the price would be around $350.

Hope this helps.

Devin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Devin,
Thanks for the reply about the G22. It is unfortunate that it is not semi-ambidextrous. It is an interesting and unique piece. I'm looking forward to handling one, but I probably will not get one because I'm the only one that could shoot it.

-Yoshi

·
Registered
69 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P99Freak @ April 15 2004,10:51)]well

walther is improving their comercial policy, now they included a link in their site to the superb walther P99 FAQ
...which they had nothing to do with.

Their web pages (German and American) are attrocious... looks like they were put together as a 2nd grade class project... and info. is not up to date.... well, it's a bit more up to date now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Regarding the new 2004 P99 models. I think they're less aesthetic in appearance than the previous P99 models.
The old one had cleaner lines. Thie new ones look a bit like a sci fi ray gun.
Guess I'll have to get the old ones before they're sold out.
I'm interested in other opinions on this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (indigo @ April 17 2004,9:13)]Regarding the new 2004 P99 models. I think they're less aesthetic in appearance than the previous P99 models.
The old one had cleaner lines. Thie new ones look a bit like a sci fi ray gun.
Guess I'll have to get the old ones before they're sold out.
I'm interested in other opinions on this.
I'm with you man... I wasn't ready to buy another gun (financially), but this dumb change by Walther is gonna force me to get one of the current models.

It's mainly the look of the current model... but I also want the military OD frame, which looks like it's not available anymore with the new models.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one of the military versions in .177 c02 and a titanium slide version in 9mm. (haven't picked it up from the gun shop yet but have checked it out.)
I should have gotten the black one in the c02 model instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts