Walther Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Am I missing something here? Reading the directions doesn't tell me that the gun will fall apart when dropped. Secondly, where is the disregard for safely? Thirdly, what does one's size (big boy) have to do with rationality, negligence, or the handling of firearms? Once again, I give thanks for the insight and lecture. I'm just still trying to understand what you are really trying to say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My PPS M1 is my EDC, a simple bicycle inner tube cut to fit over the grip solves back strap issue. It adds to the overall grip and is a very cheap and easy fix. IMHO.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Don't get me wrong; I own a PPS M1 in 9mm and think it is a great pistol, but I choose to acknowledge its one handicap. Adding girth to the grip by way of a grip sleeve violates the effort to keep it slim. As long as I never drop it, I will never fear over loss of the backstrap. However, every owner should be aware, and make their own plan, if it concerns them. It is still an extremely well made gun, and accurate as hell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They should bring it out as a P365 competitor, improved backstraps, new grip, Red dot cutout, keep M1 mag release, tad shorter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Both the PPS Classic and PPS M2 are excellent CC pistols. While looks count for nothing in a gunfight, my eye likes the lines of the PPS Classic more than those of the PPS M2.

PS: I would really like an alloy frame PPS Classic.
I know an old post but I've often thought an alloy frame PPS Classic would be "my" perfect ccw gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also love my PPS Classic. I lust after the more ergo grips and slide of the M2. I love the paddle release and refuse to leave it. Does Walther need a a P365/Hellcat competitor? Yes. But they don't need to make a ME TOO product. Please embrace your heritage and make it with Paddles and offer a swappable frame that offers a button (or switch it up). The PPS is still my favorite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the likelyhood of a backstrap popping off, during use, is extremely remote..

it is so remote, it's more about the owner than it is about the firearm itself..

·
Registered
93 Posts
the likelyhood of a backstrap popping off, during use, is extremely remote.. it is so remote, it's more about the owner than it is about the firearm itself..
Agreed. It is a non-issue. I dropped my M1-9mm on concrete. It did not come apart. I was not "using" it at the time. The probability of me dropping it while using it is so remote I would rather worry about a T-rex attack.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think we all would agree the combination of the M2 ergonomics combined with the paddle mag release of the M1 would simply be perfection! Would for anyway. Until our dear Walter offers this combination (never) I’ll continue to keep my M1. I guess this is the reason I carry and shoot HK more than any other manufacturer. Gotta love the paddle mag release.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The PPS M1 is still one of my all-time favorite pistols to shoot, and I continue to be impressed with how pleasant it is to shoot, as well as accuracy at distances greater than 25 yards.

Walther, if you found a way to make a P365 competitor that took all the great components of the PPS M1 and mated it with a modular fire control unit, paddle safety, ambidextrous, ergonomic thumb safety, and deleted the backstrap disconnect feature (oh, and kept the tactile striker-movement indicator), you would have a definite winner of a pistol for the casual shooter and those who carry alike.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Loved my ODG M1 PPS, could stand a refresh, different backstrap system, i proved texturing, P365 capacity, Optic ready! Voila the PPS M3

Wish they would also do some pocket guns .22 and particularly .32

·
Registered
342 Posts
Totally off topic but since Sox mentioned it, I would love to see any reliable manufacturer produce a modern design pocket gun in .32. There are .380s everywhere, but to me and (I think) many others, truly pocket sized guns are better in .32. In that size of pistol, the performance difference between the two calibers is negligible compared to the recoil difference. We need something similar to the P32 from someone besides Keltec. And then someone manufacturing flat-nosed .32 FMJ.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think we all would agree the combination of the M2 ergonomics combined with the paddle mag release of the M1 would simply be perfection! Would for anyway. Until our dear Walter offers this combination (never) I’ll continue to keep my M1. I guess this is the reason I carry and shoot HK more than any other manufacturer. Gotta love the paddle mag release.
Exactly, my P2000 is my other carry favorite. Once you train with the paddle release everything else is unnatural.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Totally off topic but since Sox mentioned it, I would love to see any reliable manufacturer produce a modern design pocket gun in .32. There are .380s everywhere, but to me and (I think) many others, truly pocket sized guns are better in .32. In that size of pistol, the performance difference between the two calibers is negligible compared to the recoil difference. We need something similar to the P32 from someone besides Keltec. And then someone manufacturing flat-nosed .32 FMJ.

Hear, hear! I have a Seecamp (original Milford factory) 32 that is tiny and 100% reliable with STHP's. I carry it more than any other gun. It absolutely disappears in a Kevin's Concealment wallet.

Funny this came up in a thread. I'm just about to clean my Tomcat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Exactly, my P2000 is my other carry favorite. Once you train with the paddle release everything else is unnatural.
Yes! Wish more people would give them a try so other manufacturers would produce pistols with paddle mags. But.i it’ll never happen I’m afraid.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts