Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REALLY like the PPS Classic. Very accurate. Reliable. Slim. I do like the way it can follow up shots and it seems bomb proof. It also just STICKS in the hand. I know the M2 feels better in the shop, but I don't think its shooting ergoes are any better. Also, its great to have a rail IF you want to use it and its NOT in the way. C'mon Walther - bring it back - evrn for limited runs!!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Don't drop it too hard. If the backstrap comes off, it won't fire. Other than that, it is a fantastic gun.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'd like to see the classic made again, but with M2 mags and without the backstrap disconnect.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw an OD Green one at an LGS and would have snatched it, but its in .40. OD Green looks right on a Walther.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Delete backstrap, keep rail, issue in LE configuration. Complete winner.
I really don't see the fuss concerning the backstrap. Decide which backstrap fits your hand, apply a Talon wrap-around adhesive grip (or similar) and be done with it - your backstrap won't budge.

The PPS (Classic) WAS issued in LE configuration (I have one) - assuming you mean with 6- 7- and 8-round magazines and phosphorescent sights.

Balor

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Not everyone wants a thicker or rubber feel grip. Fixing the backstrap problem would be a good idea if they bring it back.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They SHOULD at least make limited runs. No retooling - and they would sell.

They COULD easily make a fix to the backstrap disconnect. Having a couple of backstraps is NICE.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Don't drop it too hard. If the backstrap comes off, it won't fire. Other than that, it is a fantastic gun.

backstrap won't come if dropped with the magazine in the pistol, those tabs on the mag base plate are not there to annoy when loading the mag, is to keep backstrap on. There was a post of some one with pics, that he pinned the back strap on, but I can't find the post.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Still lots of love for mine too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
From what I heard when Walther found some PPS Classic .40s with MA triggers they sold out quickly. I don't think limited 9mm runs of the classic would have any issue selling out. It is a shame the Classic wasn't marketed better when it first came out. It is one of the most under rated guns out there.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
For all you people complaining about the backstrap disconnect, let me just say that I -love- that feature and it influenced my purchasing decision. Why? In a word: Travel.

You see, when I fly, I have to check my firearm according to TSA rules. When doing so, the unloaded firearm, unloaded magazines, and ammunition are all transported in the same locked container to which only I have the key. So far so good, right?

Well, as an added safety precaution, I remove the polymer backstrap from the pistol and take that with me in my carry-on bag … such that if someone cuts the lock and takes the pistol … or just steals the whole thing … the individual doesn't have a readily-operable firearm in his/her possession (at an airport, of all places).

I bought the PPS Classic to be able to readily deep conceal it in business attire sans coat/vest. At the time, travel was part of the gig, too, so it mattered. (I should also note that such travel is the ONLY reason I remove the backstrap aside from the occasional deep cleaning.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love my PPS 9mm classic. Definitely the most underrated gun. Never had a problem with the backstrap. Excellent feature in my opinion. It has never come off or caused an issue. I love the feature.... for example, lets say you had to leave your gun in your truck and didn’t have a safe....take the backstrap and it is inoperable. Or you’re at your family’s house(no gun safe available) for thanksgiving and kids are playing all over the house and your are lounging in your PJ’s in another room. Take the backstrap and the gun is in operable. I’ve never had one issue with it and love it. I am waiting for the first classic I see to get another one. Best 9mm in its class for the money

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
A trigger lock will render a pistol inoperable...for a while...if that need arises. I have witnessed a Glock 27 and Glock 19 get thrown downrange, bounced on the ground a few times, and picked up and fired. I'm not sure a PPS Classic would withstand that kind of challenge; or, even a simple drop from waist high on a hard surface (striking just the right/wrong way to get the backstrap to dislodge). And that bothers me a bit. I love the gun, but fear that feature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like my PPS for all the reasons given by the OP. I can't compare it to the newer one but don't really care to, it checks all the boxes for its intended use and can even double down as a home defense weapon IMO. Accurate dependable and very shootable, this is one I'll never sell or trade. Never heard of anyone having the back strap pop off if installed correctly.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts