Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have to rave positively about Walther U.S.A.'s Service Department! They replaced, without a question, the early edition P22 that I was having problems with!
The new P22 is flawless in function when compared to my old P22, and in line with the Walther quality I've come to expect!    

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's always nice to hear good stories like this one. I'm glad they stood behind their product.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I couldn't even get them to fix/replace a mag that did not work when I bought mine
I also had to pay for shimpment of the gun so they could see if it was the mag or not. I did that twice and neither times did they fix it. It still does not work to this day. So my experiences with there customer service is much unlike yours. Glad they could help you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Walrep fixed my P22 in early 2003. Great turnaround & no problems since. Just that "normal" slide wear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ylide @ Dec. 17 2004,12:44)]TexBond,

What were the problems you sent your P22 in for?
On my early model P22 with 3/5" barrel and counterweight, I had the roll pin above the safety constantly working itself out after only 10-20 rds! The last straw was that I could not get the set screw that helps hold the counterweight out! Without removing the counterweight, the gun cannot be cleaned!
I called to complain and pointed out that I owned 3 other Walthers without problems! I told them that the P22 was a disappointment in quality and durability compared to my PPK, P38, and P99! They said send the P22 in and they'd evaluate the gun. They replaced it, with a newer version of the P22 that was improved based on their experiences with it's design. I've shot 500 rds or so thru the new P22 without a hiccup! I'm now pleased with the gun and their service!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the info TexBond,

Mine had the roll pin come out too, but it takes over 100 rounds to shake it loose. The saftey on my p22 will switch to fire if you drop the hammer with it on safe. My slide was being chewed up pretty bad but it seems to have worn down to a point where that has stopped.

I will be sending mine to S&W in a few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had two encounters with the service dept so far. 1st time I called to get another mag base with the finger rest on it. They sent me two free of charge. Then over the weekend the mag started falling out after each round fired. I also had an issue with the rear sights not adjusting for windage. I called them and they are sending a label to send it back. I am not happy that I am haveing these problems but if they will fix them I cant complane. Gun only cost $200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts