Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have a Walther TPH made by inter arms. It is a strange one though, the serial is stamped in the barrel and also below the trigger guard. The stamp is very poorly done and I can’t seem to find anything about this if it was a regular occurrence or if I have something that’s a little different maybe worth more or less than a regular one. Any help or info would be appreciated! Serial number is T000619 below the grip and it’s double/triple stamped and then on the barrel it has been stamped so hard it’s dented and it reads T00019 help! Lol thanks again!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The serial number stamp on the front strap of the frame isn't normal and looks homemade to me. The frame looks like it was worked over too.

What caliber and year is it ? Can you tell us how you aquired it ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was strange! Glad you feel the same way, I purchased it from an individual I work at a pawn shop. I don’t know the year, I heard the inter arms walthers don’t have a definitive serial database? It is the .22LR version.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is not factory work. It looks ground down and restamped. Badly. The barrel stamp is problematic even as for functionality and strength.

I would pass in owning that and suspect it's had an illegal past. Sorry. Try to give it back.

Reactions: Redcat94
1 - 4 of 4 Posts