Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used Walther (Interarms) TPH .22LR in stainless steel. The serial number is T0147XX. Can anybody tell me what year it was made, and by whom? I am guessing around 1986 by the Ranger Mfg. Co. for Interarms.

I am wondering if my TPH has the newer firing pin lock lever and trigger tumbler? I think this change was made around 1970. If my gun was made before this, then where could I go to get the updated parts? And why were they changed?

Anybody know the dates of manufacture and/or history of these fine little guns?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey, I know this is a six-year old post, but based on the other serial numbers I've seen, I think your TPH was manufactured around 1990.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your's is a blued Interarms model, right? I think that's what the "H" designates. It's just a guess, but from the early 000611 number, I'd say it was an early '80's model. I'm not sure when Interarms first started manfacturing the TPH in Virginia, but I would say your's is among the first few years of production.

·
Super Moderator
7,317 Posts
Your's is a blued Interarms model, right? I think that's what the "H" designates. It's just a guess, but from the early 000611 number, I'd say it was an early '80's model. I'm not sure when Interarms first started manfacturing the TPH in Virginia, but I would say your's is among the first few years of production.
Captain, do you have a list you'd care to publish, or tell me when 'TO27XXX' was made?
Thnx,
Moon

·
Registered
265 Posts
Moon, I have a list of about 6 or 7 pistols. I've been in the market for a TPH for a while and I usually write down the serial number along with the date on the target, when available. I'm best guessing based on what's closest to the number I have written down. I have the list at work. I'll post it tomorrow morning when I get back to the office. (I'm on Baghdad time)

·
Super Moderator
7,317 Posts
Thanks for the effort, Cap'n. Be safe out there.
Moon

·
Registered
265 Posts
No problem Moon. I'm glad I could pull this thread from the archives. According to my little list, it's looks like T027XXX was manufactured around '94-'95. That's a hard one to figure out. I'll type out the list real quick.

·
Registered
265 Posts
T005650 1988
T005725 1988
T005810 1988
T006184 1988
T006196 1988
T007231 1988
T010036 1989
T018835 1990
T023821 1991
T025102 1991
T025708 1991
T026057 1991
T027000 1991
T030139 1996
T030509 1996
T031088 1996
T031722 1997

T = Stainless Steel (.22lr)
H = Blued
F = .25 ACP

As far as I know the TPH was discontinued in 2000. I'll add to this as I come across more.

·
Super Moderator
7,317 Posts
Again, thankee Cap'n. I had three of the little perishers mid-eighties, probably pretty close to when they first came out over here. I saw a Federal Agent's gun at a local range; his was Ulm-made, with a prototype set of MMC adjustable sights. I would have cheerfully sold my soul for that gun, but a local shop got me an Interarms version...that didn't work. Neither did two replacements that he wrangled out of Interarms. So I got rid of it; found a banged up specimen at a gunshow that I actually got running, and running reliably, about ten years ago; sold that and made some money.
My current one was LNIB, and goes bang all the time.
Thnx for the comeback, and for your service.
I don't store the guns in their boxes, but I don't believe a dated target was in mine. Gotta go digging.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,317 Posts
Ah, well, a red face for me.:eek:
Checked my paperwork (squirreled in the file, not the box); the TPH is (T027XXX) for 15 Nov 91.
Sorry, Cap'n, but there's one to add to your list.
Moon

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice, thanks for the reply. I added it to the list. So if I may ask, what was wrong with the Interarms versions? I don't know much about the TPH or their reliability.

·
Super Moderator
7,317 Posts
Nice, thanks for the reply. I added it to the list. So if I may ask, what was wrong with the Interarms versions? I don't know much about the TPH or their reliability.
It may simply have been an ammo issue, as the current gun runs perfectly on CCI HV solids, but not much else. At the time, I wanted it for an 'all the time' carry, a role that a long-suffering LCP now fills. I may have wanted the older guns to run on hollowpoints, or Stingers; don't truly remember, but the reliability just wasn't there.
Shot the current gun last night at a B-29 at fifty feet, and didn't have anything worse than a 9 with a six o'clock hold. I'll shoot it in our snubby league this week without any concern of needing an alibi.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,317 Posts
Shot a 290 of 300 in our snubby league tonight with the TPH; the little bugger shoots really straight and reliably. Discovered it also likes the Federal bulkpack billed as 'target grade' and specifically designed for autoloaders.
Moon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts