Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding the ULM 22lr TPH pistols function far superior to the US produced 22lr. models. Is this correct? Years ago I purchased a US stainless TPH and it was a jam-o-matic. Also I require a little information from the Forum about the US Ranger/Black Creek stainless THP in 25acp. Is this pistol dependable? Thank you for your replys. PDN

·
Registered
444 Posts
Don't know about others, but the three 22 TPH's (all stainless interarms) were ajoy to shoot with just about any type of ammo

Sorry you had bad luck with yours

·
Super Moderator
7,523 Posts
When the Ranger TPH was a new item, I went thru' three of them trying to get one to work. Since then, I've had two more that worked well.
While the Ulm-made guns enjoy a better reputation here, they all are reputed to be fragile. The .22 will always be at the mercy of its ammunition, so the .25 should be better.

If you want one as a neat little gun, go for it.
If you want it as a deep cover 'all the time', there are far better, cheaper choices.
Moon

·
Registered
964 Posts
Moon,I beg to differ on the far better ,cheaper definitely, better I doubt it for it's size and caliber .My only ftfire was a Remington Golden Bullet,with mini mags I've never had a hiccup . Ayb

·
Super Moderator
7,523 Posts
The .25's jacketed bullet and rimless case make a big difference in reliability.

M

Bob, this was my reasoning. That, and the wildly fluctuating nature of .22s and their priming.

As regards an 'all the time', I'll still take an LCP. It isn't a thing of beauty, but it fires a real cartridge, is stone reliable, and I won't care (too much) if I drop it.
Love my current TPH, but not for anything serious.
YMMV.
Moon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my first TPH a few months ago.
It's American made.
It actually shoots several varieties of MiniMags, Golden Bullets, and Thunderbolts perfectly.
But, since it also shoots CCI Standard Velocity ammo just fine, that's what I shoot in it.

From my extensive research (and wearing the guys out on here with questions) it seems that you could buy 10 American TPHs and get maybe 4 or 5 that would be great.????

Seems to be a roll of the dice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts