Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a TPH 22lr would like to know what spare parts I should purchase in the event anything breaks.
Thank You

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
My own experience has been that this is an exercise in futility, and seldom cost-effective.

Unless you can buy a wide selection of parts very cheaply, it is usually less expensive to simply buy and replace what is broken, rather than try to anticipate what might break or wear out in the future. Parts are more likely to be lost than become unserviceable. This is especially true with a .22 pistol that is not subjected to much stress and probably will not be shot much anyway.

In fact the TPH part that is most frequently broken is the frame, when the gun is dropped on the heel of the butt.

M

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had to replace the loaded chamber indicator spring.

Dave a TPH .22 would not have a loaded chamber indicator, in fact I do not believe any .22 would.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What about the safety/barrel part in the slide that splits/cracks on the regular Walther PP series?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ok Mike.
Just wondering if that was a fragile part that sometimes breaks like on other Walthers in that safety/barrel/slide area on decocking like we've seen if it was done too much.
And to tell the owner to take care on applying the safety. Simple tip.
I had a TPH and the hammer spring had some power to it. Being a much smaller part in the slide to boot.
You are such a ray of sunshine with your knowledge at times, but sometimes we need some strong sunscreen UV protection with the way you respond to posts and how you beat down the UV rays.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Okay, point taken. Maybe that's why I have to see a dermatologist every six months to get all the precancerous scheisse frozen off.

M

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
They're a really nifty pistol, but I skeptical that any get run very hard. My own long-ago experience was to run mine enough to be certain of it, and not much after. Unhappily, I had three that wouldn't run enough to prove them, let alone wear anything out. The current one runs well enough.
Moon

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've had mine for several years now and the only parts I needed to replace was the firing pin (got too sort to set off the primers) and grips which cracked. Oh, and the magazine floor plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm like ayb I shoot the sox's off of mine, the barrel will probably wear out before anything else, but I just meant small parts firing pin , a spring or two, if the frame or anything else on a larger scale goes or is problematic its into a drawer and onto something different

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
GLD', I feel your pain, or at least your paranoia. I've accumulated an assortment of spares for the ARs, the Glocks, and now the 365. But those are current production, cheap and easy. They are also in the gun-haters' sights; your TPH is not.

Take Mike's advice; shoot it 'till something breaks or wears out.

Moon

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
i... the barrel will probably wear out before anything else...
I don't think it's possible to wear out the barrel of a .22 rimfire. You might bulge it with an obstruction, or drop it in salt water, but wear it out? No.

(...except maybe by excessive cleaning...)

M

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think it's possible to wear out the barrel of a .22 rimfire. You might bulge it with an obstruction, or drop it in salt water, but wear it out? No.

(...except maybe by excessive cleaning...)

M

Fastest way to ruin or wear out a .22 barrel is to run a cleaning rod down it and particularly from the muzzle end to the breach. The rifling are shallow and kinda delicate in rimfires IMO.
I shoot mainly .22LR and always have & you can take weed wacker line and use a flame to melt a blob big enough to hold the patch on and the other end take some side cutters and cut a diagonal cut to form a sharp point to spear your patch and just use some of whatever you like (I like EEZOX for .22) and pull through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts