Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hwansik Kim showed up big at Optics Nationals, he finished 2nd to Max Michel running his Q5. Less than 1 percentage point over 20 stages to one of the best shooters in the world? Pretty darn impressive shooter, and pretty impressive statement for Walther that the PPQ, in the hands of skilled shooter, can be a pretty special gun.

2017 USPSA Optics Nationals (Carry Optic Division)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hwansiks videos showed me the potential of the Q5! Great work!
He has been shooting CZs for a while, switched to the Q5 to get paid. It ain't the arrow, that Indian has been practicing his ass off the last couple years and would likely put up a similar performance shooting a HiPoint.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
We're here at the USPSA Rock Island Armory 3 Gun Nationals and so far the only Walther shooters. We'll see every gun that comes through since we are working Stage 7 so I'll let you know. Walther is not paying for this match of course but heck, these are our preferred 3 gun Pistol for TACTICAL division. I shot my 5" PPQ and he shot his Q5. Used Taran Tactical +4 basepads to give us 21 rounds. Results are posted here daily until match is over on Sunday. https://practiscore.com/results/new/34465

·
Registered
230 Posts
Folks on this forum will find the following interesting.

I looked up the stats on equipment used at the IDPA US Nationals. Five years ago Walther and SIG were not significant players at the match. Nor were they three years ago. This years match had both in the top ten list of pistols. The Walther PPQ M2 Match and the SIG 320 X Five. Both as a percentage of use and by numbers the Glock 34 and M&P Pro which lead the lists participation fell. They still are the two most popular makes and models but I would suggest both the SIG 320 series and Walther will continue to rise in popularity. The SIGn because of the US Army purchase and the Walther simply because it is light years ahead of other striker fired pistols. I hope Walther takes advantage of how good the pistol is.

Take Care

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts