Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when Walther will start shipping? I have a CCP 9mm on order since Aug.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I was just talking to someone about this in one of my shooting circles. Strap in, might be a bit. With so many new gun owners on the market, inventories have been obliterated. I won't assume you don't know this, so I don't wish to insult you at all.

Even a builder with such resources and assets/capabilities as Walther is having trouble keeping up. Heaven forbid if they were in the ammo making business.....

I ordered a whole set of parts for a rifle repair a year ago today, before SHTF, and I am STILL waiting on that order, and its just parts!!! One of my friends has a misguided devotion to Remington Model 700 rifles, but was explaining to me right after Christmas this year that they had SO much demand, they couldn't even begin to get caught up until into 2022. Mind you, this was before their collapse and break-up.

In all seriousness, I wish you a speedy delivery of your CCP. Will this be your first Walther?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just talking to someone about this in one of my shooting circles. Strap in, might be a bit. With so many new gun owners on the market, inventories have been obliterated. I won't assume you don't know this, so I don't wish to insult you at all.

Even a builder with such resources and assets/capabilities as Walther is having trouble keeping up. Heaven forbid if they were in the ammo making business.....

I ordered a whole set of parts for a rifle repair a year ago today, before SHTF, and I am STILL waiting on that order, and its just parts!!! One of my friends has a misguided devotion to Remington Model 700 rifles, but was explaining to me right after Christmas this year that they had SO much demand, they couldn't even begin to get caught up until into 2022. Mind you, this was before their collapse and break-up.

In all seriousness, I wish you a speedy delivery of your CCP. Will this be your first Walther?
Hello BornFighting88...thanks for your input, this will be my first Walther pistol. I had a Walther GX-1 target rifle back in the 70's, and it was amazing. I also have a ppk on order as well.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Welcome to the forum, fellow Walther owner. I had a PPK (albeit an SW contract pistol) a P1 parts gun, and a PPS Gen 1, which I traded for an officer’s 1911 a few months back. The PPK was sold to a friend to get a nightstand gun for his wife, and the P1 was a Franken-Gun.... whole ton of fun to shoot at the range, just took up space in the safe that is now reserved for a Luger in the future, should I ever be able to find one that won’t result in a possible missed mortgage payment.. Hahah

PPK was a fun little pistol, both for carry and range time. Trigger was crisp in SA, and safe enough to carry with the pipe loaded in DA. Was always, and still will always be, a James Bond fan, so the PPK HAD to have a place in my Walther History. The mechanism was also lightyears ahead of its time, Carl Walther was pretty sharp!! I have a P99AS of later generation, that is my “bump in the night” gun and I take it to the range occasionally to keep in practice with it.

Once you get your hands on your two orders, I would love to hear what you think of them!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, fellow Walther owner. I had a PPK (albeit an SW contract pistol) a P1 parts gun, and a PPS Gen 1, which I traded for an officer’s 1911 a few months back. The PPK was sold to a friend to get a nightstand gun for his wife, and the P1 was a Franken-Gun.... whole ton of fun to shoot at the range, just took up space in the safe that is now reserved for a Luger in the future, should I ever be able to find one that won’t result in a possible missed mortgage payment.. Hahah

PPK was a fun little pistol, both for carry and range time. Trigger was crisp in SA, and safe enough to carry with the pipe loaded in DA. Was always, and still will always be, a James Bond fan, so the PPK HAD to have a place in my Walther History. The mechanism was also lightyears ahead of its time, Carl Walther was pretty sharp!! I have a P99AS of later generation, that is my “bump in the night” gun and I take it to the range occasionally to keep in practice with it.

Once you get your hands on your two orders, I would love to hear what you think of them!!!
Hi Born Fighting, my LGS has my CCP M2+ coming in Friday or Tuesday. The + is an improvement. The sight channel is cut for Glock 19/17 sights, and slide is better milled. Still waiting on the black PPK.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You say it is coming end of this week, beginning of next… Bet you are itching to get it to the range. Don’t you dare pollute a Walther with Gl*ck parts. Hahah jk

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I think Walther must have been waiting for the CCP M2 inventory to be depleted before announcing the M2+. That would explain why I haven't seen one in a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts