Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the plate as an extra (currently using a Holosun and Plate #2) and ordered it direct from Walther Customer Service via phonecall.

Came in about a week. Cost like $48 IIRC

Plate is stamped #4

Seems ”fishy“ as the online form lists the 4th Plate for Vortex Viper

Called Walther and a guy said that was the correct plate…but there seemed to be a lot of confusion on his part…did not give me a warm and fuzzy.

I do not have a Leopold DeltaPoint pro to test this plate…yet….

Anyone out there with a PDP and a DeltaPoint pro know if this is the correct plate for it?…… #4?

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
Okay, I had to remove the DPP from the PDP for a picture and then remount DPP and take more pictures.

Put er' back on. That's a .315 tall front sight....one of my extras, 15 round mag and a little piece of 'Talon' grip tape on the bottom/front of the grip.

A Mec-Gar 18 round mag with OF spacer.

For poops and grins, a Sig P226 20 round mag with OF spacer. These two mags fit the PDP FS without the need for the spacer....its only used on the Compact.

On the right, a PDP frame/PPQ slide combo.....this allows me to use my current carry holsters....usually a Safariland 6360 with another OF belt hanger innovation. That little rascal is on my hip all day every day.

So there ya to....a Walther 04 plate is needed to mount a Leupold Delta Point Pro.

As for Full Size mags....its either wait on the factory mags, or take that other road.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@imaoldfart Perfect…..Question Answered

most appreciated!

not using that plate ATM…have a Holosun and Plate 2 on my PDP but @Damcowboy has been waiting for two months for his…

Gonna send him mine till his actually comes in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@imaoldfart Looks like Walther should hire you for their design team for “modularity“.:)

Love the PDP but the way they have approached modularity seems a total afterthought…just marketing propoganda.

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
I noticed your post about pairing a PDP 5" slide with a PDP 4" frame. Yep, that'll work. It'll look just like a PPQ 5", as there's a plastic dohicky that does the magic. Take a look at this thread. Changing the front sight 5”

Actually, you could use a 4.5" or 5" slide on a 4" or 4.5" frame. Now if you have a 5" frame, well, yes, you could put a 4 or 4.5" slide on it and it'd work, it'd just look kinda goofy....I'm sure no one would attempt that.

So, if you want to swap things around, what you need is a 4" frame, as it'll accept ANY of the other slides, and look good doin' it. 😁

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, if you want to swap things around, what you need is a 4" frame, as it'll accept ANY of the other slides, and look good doin' it. 😁
Well..this is a total relief because that is exactly what I want to do.

I have a 4 inch Full Size

But I want to be able to swap into 5 inch barrel on that 4 inch full size frame for range and bullseye shooting.

when I called Walther they said they had limited info on their “modularity“ options but it “was coming”

I believe I would need

5 in Barrel
That plastic extension piece for the spring for 5 in to 4 inch conversion
5 inch Slide
another optics plate unless I wanted to remount the whole thing

And that was my purpose in getting the Delta Point Pro plate to begin with. Was going to have a quick change out with the first barrel a 4 inch with Holosun 507c and the second a 5 inch with a Leopold Delta Point Pro

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
You're best and possibly your cheapest option would be to find a complete 5" upper. A few weeks ago someone listed a PDP 4" compact frame for sale on gunbroker.....they'd already sold the complete upper. I fiddled around and picked up the 4" compact frame (complete). That's the one you see in the above pictures with the PPQ slide.

The question is, how long will it be before Walther has these complete uppers available. Or, how long before someone starts breakin' em' down and selling the frames and slides on gunbroker.

Either way, the end result will be worth waiting for.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do you shoot competitively? Must be expensive these days. I was shooting rimfire before the pandemic at $20 a box of Tenex and I just saw $40 a box a few weeks ago. No thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only shoot reloads and not competitively….

I just like to…shoot. Been that way as a kid and they could not keep me off the rifle range in the army. Best days ever were when the special forces boys would drive up with a truck load of foreign and older guns and ammunition and let us grunts blast away. My absolute favorite was a 50 round drum Tommy Gun.

No way could I afford this habit shooting high quality, factory, ball ammunition.

So I reload my own 9 mm and .45. Mostly 9 mm because I can make a box of 50 that are good solid target rounds for about seven bucks a box. The reloading equipment paid for itself within the first 8000 rounds.

I used to make them even cheaper but the price of components has skyrocketed if you can even find them. Luckily, I bought a huge order of powder, bullets, and primers about three months before the pandemic hit. About 20,000 rounds worth. My wife had an absolute cat fit! Lol

My one splurge is I use the “Finnish Black Gold” Vhita Vuori powder. It’s a tad more expensive but the stuff burns so incredibly clean with a superb Muzzle Velocity. I also use copper plated bullets which will pass any range inspection and at the same time are much much cheaper.

This works very well for me at about 1000FPS ….Soft shooting, dependable and very, VERY accurate in my Walthers

9mm, 115 Gn RN Plated, COL 1.127, 4.3 Gn Vhita Vuori N320, Winchester small pistol primers, any 9mm brass picked up at the range, nut shell cleaned, then corncob cleaned and polished both times in a tumbler. Dillon Precision XL 650 press.

Ammogedden….NOT! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I only shoot reloads and not competitively….

I just like to…shoot. Been that way as a kid and they could not keep me off the rifle range in the army. Best days ever were when the special forces boys would drive up with a truck load of foreign and older guns and ammunition and let us grunts blast away. My absolute favorite was a 50 round drum Tommy Gun.

No way could I afford this habit shooting high quality, factory, ball ammunition.

So I reload my own 9 mm and .45. Mostly 9 mm because I can make a box of 50 that are good solid target rounds for about seven bucks a box. The reloading equipment paid for itself within the first 8000 rounds.

I used to make them even cheaper but the price of components has skyrocketed if you can even find them. Luckily, I bought a huge order of powder, bullets, and primers about three months before the pandemic hit. About 20,000 rounds worth. My wife had an absolute cat fit! Lol

My one splurge is I use the “Finnish Black Gold” Vhita Vuori powder. It’s a tad more expensive but the stuff burns so incredibly clean with a superb Muzzle Velocity. I also use copper plated bullets which will pass any range inspection and at the same time are much much cheaper.

This works very well for me at about 1000FPS ….Soft shooting, dependable and very, VERY accurate in my Walthers

9mm, 115 Gn RN Plated, COL 1.127, 4.3 Gn Vhita Vuori N320, Winchester small pistol primers, any 9mm brass picked up at the range, nut shell cleaned, then corncob cleaned and polished both times in a tumbler. Dillon Precision XL 650 press.

Ammogedden….NOT! :)
I was wondering because your pistols are fullsize. And one looks like a competitive model. Thanks for sharing your recipes and experiences, always nice to hear. I like full sized pistols but I don't shoot them much anymore due to ammo price and at this point I just shoot a few mags of my carry pistols. My PPS is pretty accurate for rapid fire and my new Sig with optic is really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts