Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking the latest prices from my wholesale distributor (RSR Wholesale) shows that Walther has raised prices 7-12% for 2005:

P99s are up $30
P22s are up $25

Hmmm, I think it is probably simply due to the Euro vs. $ what do you think?

James

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think your exactly right! The dollar is slipping fast. It's been my opinion that if you want a German gun, you'd better not let any grass grow under your feet...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've already bought my P99AS....but I'm curious as to what the "going rate" is for one? I've seen some of the online places advertise the 2004 P99 AS 9mm for as low as $485, but then they couldn't find one. How much should we expect to pay (without giving away any "secrets")?

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
130 Posts
Perhaps Walther has to financially cover all of the substandard .40 caliber magazine floorplates and their "free" replacements?

Wonderful pistol. Why the poor magazine quality?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (extremist @ Mar. 13 2005,5:26)]Hmmm, I think it is probably simply due to the Euro vs. $ what do you think?
Seeing as how the Dollar has fallen about 33% against the Euro over the past two and half years, I think we're getting off light with a 7% - 12% price increase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just paid $429 for my P99 A/S .40S&W in OD green.  As I understand it, it was a hell of a deal.  The 9mm started at $549, the QA's are $579.  I was reading my date code (AD) incorrectly, however...makes it an '03.  Not that I care, it's a great shooter.  I was unfortunate enough to have 2 of the .40 10round mags that were crap.  Guess some tard at Mec-Gar didn't know how to do an injection mold, cause they shattered first trip out.  Got my new mags from Walther, 2 hi-caps.  For my trouble (i think the customer service rep was wired on too much coffee), I'm getting 2 more hi-caps mailed to me, all FREE!  So sorry that it's costing you guys buying '04's and '05's more $, but inflation, the cost of the mag issue, and the slip of the dollar vs the Euro are probably all to blame.  Can't wait to go shoot this weekend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts