Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on another board that supposedly S&W made some revolvers for Walther. They were supposed to be based on a Smith model 19, and dubbed the Walther R99. Anyone have any info as to accuracy of this?

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yes, they did make them. Someone posted a pic here before - apparently, there are none in America. If they did sell them here, I'd buy 1

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ship: Thanks for the info. I tried to search the forum for "R99" but didn't have any luck. So do you know if the R99 was a .357 and based on the S&W K frame?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
only for European market... non in the US that I know of... I doubt even Earl had any :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The R99 is real and I have seen one at a show. Whats cool is it has Walther proof marks on it and the grip is sweet. Earl did have a couple for sure because I saw it on his site years back. It would be a unicorn to own as I believe only a couple of hundred were made!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Am I correct that if you formerly had a photobucket account and you didn't pay the extortion money, you can never view anyone else's photobucket pictures online?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I believe that early in the Umarex-S&W Strategic Alliance, these rebranded S&Ws were marketed as the "Big Bore" model. I don't think anyone in Arnsberg saw the irony.

M

·
Super Moderator
7,434 Posts
Amaze vous! How much of a market is there for revos in Europe?
Moon

·
Registered
540 Posts
Am I correct that if you formerly had a photobucket account and you didn't pay the extortion money, you can never view anyone else's photobucket pictures online?
There is a Chrome extension that usually works to show old Photobucket images. For example, the R99 photos in this thread are showing up for me with that extension installed.

I believe that early in the Umarex-S&W Strategic Alliance, these rebranded S&Ws were marketed as the "Big Bore" model. I don't think anyone in Arnsberg saw the irony.

M
Manfred Kersten's Walther books show a 1911 in 45acp as the "Big Bore" concept gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts