Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
These revolvers date from the time Walther partnered up with Smith&Wesson.

If I remember right it is a 3" K-frame chambered in .357.

The really unique thing are the grips that echo the P99 that Walther was producing at the time.

I don't think many were produced.
I was about to ask if that was something from an April Fool's Day joke like the Glock revolver article from a few years back...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I had my eye on one of these back in 2018. It was on the German 'Gun Broker' website I purchased my P5 Lang from.
I wanted to make a 'prove out' purchase to understand how the website worked and to get a 'feedback' rating before the Lang auction purchase.
I successfully purchased on my first attempt, a Deutsch Bank Munich ex-security P5 Var8 (late gun, 2021 target date, almost new and under $600.😃). It helped me to understand the website and didn't add much to the import costs of the P5 Lang.
If I hadn't been successful with that DBank P5 purchase, the R99 was going to be my next attempted purchase.

I'm not a wheelgun person, but I dig the R99. 👍 I should have imported three guns. 🤔

·
Administrator
3,630 Posts
I had my eye on one of these back in 2018. It was on the German 'Gun Broker' website I purchased my P5 Lang from.
I wanted to make a 'prove out' purchase to understand how the website worked and to get a 'feedback' rating before the Lang auction purchase.
I successfully purchased on my first attempt, a Deutsch Bank Munich ex-security P5 Var8 (late gun, 2021 target date, almost new and under $600.😃). It help me to understand the website, and didn't add much to the import costs of the P5 Lang.
If I hadn't been successful with that DBank P5 purchase, the R99 was going to be my next attempted purchase.

I'm not a wheelgun person, but I dig the R99. 👍 I should have imported three guns. 🤔
That just reinforces my recollection that these revolvers were made for the German market.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I successfully purchased on my first attempt, a Deutsch Bank Munich ex-security P5 Var8 (late gun, 2021 target date, almost new and under $600.😃). It helped me to understand the website and didn't add much to the import costs of the P5 Lang.

Are you licensed in some way to import those guns, or can anyone of us do it, too? Reading what you just said, it sounds like a lot of us are really missing out.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Are you licensed in some way to import those guns, or can anyone of us do it, too? Reading what you just said, it sounds like a lot of us are really missing out.
Anyone who can pass a 4473 can import.

The Lang seller had a preferred exporter listed the the auction details. Also mentioned his auctions are open to foreign buyers.

I had never attempted to import a firearm prior to that pair of P5. I had seen the awesome laser import markings done by Simpson LTD and was interested in using them as my importer.
I called them and they were instrumental in helping me understand the process. All related paperwork for both German and the US was explained to me by Simpson. They also reviewed everything before submission. A+ to Simpson for anyone considering it. 👍

·
Registered
276 Posts
Anyone who can pass a 4473 can import.

The Lang seller had a preferred exporter listed the the auction details. Also mentioned his auctions are open to foreign buyers.

I had never attempted to import a firearm prior to that pair of P5. I had seen the awesome laser import markings done by Simpson LTD and was interested in using them as my importer.
I called them and they were instrumental in helping me understand the process. All related paperwork for both German and the US was explained to me by Simpson. They also reviewed everything before submission. A+ to Simpson for anyone considering it. 👍
That's good stuff. Congratulations on the new and unique acquisition!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
That's good stuff. Congratulations on the new and unique acquisition!
Thanks.
I knew the only chance there was of adding a Lang to my collection would be a European purchase and import.

It's my favorite of the collection.....

Textile Wood Rectangle Grey Font

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks.
I knew the only chance there was of adding a Lang to my collection would be a European purchase and import.

It's my favorite of the collection.....

View attachment 106407
That is a beautifully crafted pistol! It looks like a P38 and a PP had a one-night stand together and decided to get married and raise the kid to be a doctor afterwards.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
🤣 That's a good way to put it.
I saw LifeSizePotatoes P5 Lang review video and HAD to have one.

It was a huge leap of faith.
Had a few restless night wondering if it was smart to wire ks of dollars to a total stranger in Europe for something I had only seen online pictures of. 🤔

Much to my pleasure, fortune surely favored the bold. 👍

Reactions: Think1st

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just saw this posted on Facebook. First I've heard of this. Interesting.

View attachment 106397
View attachment 106396
View attachment 106395
View attachment 106393
Hello, I the one who purchased this R99 and posted it to Facebook. It was recently imported to the USA from the EU. I am hoping to learn more about this R99. I think it is a very early version since it does not have "357 Magnum" on the right side barrel and does not have "La Chasse" on the left side frame. Serial number indicated early 1999. Any additional information would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,630 Posts
Hello, I the one who purchased this R99 and posted it to Facebook. It was recently imported to the USA from the EU. I am hoping to learn more about this R99. I think it is a very early version since it does not have "357 Magnum" on the right side barrel and does not have "La Chasse" on the left side frame. Serial number indicated early 1999. Any additional information would be appreciated.
Congratulations on a nice purchase.

These guns were only made for two years. I think it was 1998-1999 but it could have been 1999-2000.

Can you post more pictures of the gun here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations on a nice purchase.

These guns were only made for two years. I think it was 1998-1999 but it could have been 1999-2000.

Can you post more pictures of the gun here?
Thank you Jimmo952, I have been collecting Walthers for 20+ years and recognized the La Chasse case and was surprised when it did not contain a P99 La Chasse but rather the R99. I must confess, I had to look that up since I had never heard of the before. So naturally I had to purchase on the spot.

Here are some additional photos:
Product Chair Auto part Rectangle Font
Product Chair Auto part Rectangle Font
Hood Office supplies Automotive design Grille Bumper
Hood Office supplies Automotive design Grille Bumper
Bicycle part Automotive lighting Gas Fender Bumper
Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Bumper Flooring
Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Bumper Flooring

1 - 19 of 19 Posts