Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased a Q5 Match but don't have it in hand yet. I was looking at the base pad kits from Taylor Freelance and Taran Tactical and was wondering what color matched the trigger? Ya know, important things first :)

They have Blue and Titanium blue. Any input on which brand of base pad is preferred would be welcomed too.

I'm new to Walther so I would also appreciate it if someone can fill me in on what magazines are compatible with the Q5. P99/PPQ M1/PPQ M2? 17 rounds?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition. As for mags, you'll need to stick with PPQ M2 mags, as P99 and PPQ M1 mags will not fit/work in a PPQ M2.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Why don't you just get the whole pistol cerakoted to match the trigger?

...............Just kidding! Welcome to the forum and don't take smart-arse quips too seriously.

You can get 17-round magazines directly from Walther, albeit without the snazzy colours. I received two with a recently-acquired Q4 (as well as one 15-round). The Q5 Match Champion comes with three 17-round mags. The Walther website shows the base pads as grey but the ones I have are black. The Walther Part Number is 2796694.

Balor

·
Registered
156 Posts
Okay, I’ve held this in as long as I can....When did guns become bling? What’s next matching holsters and range bags? I think Henry Ford was right, “you can have any color you want, as long as its black” ��

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy the original Walther mag base plate the comes with the 17 round mag? I love the extended plate and would like to install that on my existing 9x 10 round mag. Canada limited to max 10 round mag here by pinned the mag.
Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Okay, I’ve held this in as long as I can....When did guns become bling? What’s next matching holsters and range bags? I think Henry Ford was right, “you can have any color you want, as long as its black” ��

Sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants. The CompTac International in blue, matches/complements the trigger quite nicely ;):

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy the original Walther mag base plate the comes with the 17 round mag? I love the extended plate and would like to install that on my existing 9x 10 round mag. Canada limited to max 10 round mag here by pinned the mag.
Thanks.

Walther Customer Service or Earl's. A Base and spring will cost about as much as a complete mag. Photos of the 10 rounders often show them having a gray version of the stock +2 base - I've never seen one in the flesh.

ETA: I know you don't need the spring, but IIRC they come as a package.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Well, I think you could have held it in a bit longer.........or to put it another way: “Let he who drives only black cars cast the first stone”.

The Honourable Member has the right to spend his hard-earned cash on whatever tickles his fancy (as long as his wife approves).

Balor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants. The CompTac International in blue, matches/complements the trigger quite nicely ;)
Hey, that'll match my blue suede shoes too...and that pink one is FABULOUS!

Seriously though, I'm definitely a function over form guy so I'll likely bastardize the grip with some of that sandpaper tape(black) if that will make you happy Caine :D.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
These “color by number guns” always cause such a hoopla.

While I am not a fan of poison that looks like candy or guns that look like toys, people can do what they want. People like to personalize things. So while I think a modified Honda with fart cans looks and sounds like piss and a waste of time and money, people have the right to be dumb if they want.

If you are going to post a pic of your modified “put any item here” you may get people who make disparing remarks because some of us may think it looks like ass. Get over it or don’t ask and don’t post.

As to “tacticool” well, I personally think that people that go to range looking like they just got off SEAL TEAM 5 or a movie set, look equally silly...as so do people who shoot in flip flops and tank tops (I will make fun of both of you). But as long as it is safe, do what the hell you want.

My carry guns are black, functional and boring. My range toys have custom Holsters, a few with mirrored finish, and you might find a little color too. If you like them, say so. If you don’t, then don’t 🙂 but feel free to think what you want.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I added blue TF magazine baseplates and a mag well to my Q5. They don't match the trigger exactly being anodized metal compared against a dull plastic trigger but they look pretty good to me.

The blue ones on the Walther USA website have the Walther logo and PPQ on them. The TF website has ten different colors but they only have the TF logo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
OMG, since the first gun, there has been bling as they have been a sign of status. Gold, ornate designs, all sorts of things to personalize the gun.

A better question would be “when did bling become criticized”?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts