Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for sights for the Q4 SF OR. I want to put on tritium night sights. Can anyone recommend me a product with a link? I am planning to use the stock plate with the adjustable rear sight removed; I need a sight that will fit the stock plate. I need front and rear sights that will fit the Optic Ready model. For my current needs, I do require tritium night sights.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am answering my own question because of lack of help here...

You can use glock front and rear sights. Glock GLN325, HI VIZ LiteWave H3

Fiber Optic Rear Sights
You will have to remove the iron sight off the plate. Use a small allen for the sight screws, then remove with a nylon/rubber hammer. You will have to drill and make thread to the rear plate, 3mm-0.50. Use the same removed allen screws (3mm-0.50), also do the same to rear sight (Do the drill and tap with the rear sight and plate held in place together), then finish install.

Tritium Front Sights
Front sight is easy, all you need is a small washer. Washer can be bought at ace hardware. I used a very small lock washer. Clearance is good for my slide. The flat washers at ace hardware where too big in diameter. Be careful not to over tighten the screw but tighten enough so that the lock washer does it's job.

Note:
Use lock tight for all screws.
Make sure the rear and front sights are lined up properly and with no gaps.
Tritium is radioactive, radiation will leak when vial is broken.
Tritium rear sight will not work because of need to drill and tap.
A long fiber optic or iron rear sight is required because of gun cutout.

Disclaimer: This is my first time ever taping a drilled hole. Also first time installing sights. Ask a professional for help. I made what I had work. Both of my rear tritium vials broke when I drilled the holes. I had to remove it and use fiber optic inserts for the rear. I did some mistakes and had to correct them but I got it done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts