Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Q4 looks like a mighty fine pistol. Walther video just posted on YouTube minutes ago. See it here:

https://youtu.be/ZxRvUBa1THg.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I saw the email this morning, they are advising it as a performance/ conceal carry gun but at a pound heavier than the PPQ I'm not sure it's ideal for ccw.

It does look nice.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I saw the email this morning, they are advising it as a performance/ conceal carry gun but at a pound heavier than the PPQ I'm not sure it's ideal for ccw.

It does look nice.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
As you say, it does look nice.

I dont think I'd want to carry it but I remember Walther saying after the 5" SF introduction they were getting requests for a more duty oriented version.

I chalked that up to people getting over excited at the initial introduction but who knows.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks good. Since I rarely carry my PPQ or any 4” pistol the extra weight won’t bother me as it would likely be a range/home defense weapon anyway. I prefer the 4” barrel over 5” for most everything. The longest I’ll use for carry is typically 3.5. Curious where the price will be. Hopefully a bit lower then the Q5sf.

·
Registered
168 Posts
At $1499 I must say, I'm a little disappointed with the price. Since it has no threaded barrel, or the magwell/extended mags, I would expect it to come in at a little less than the "flagship" Q5 Match model.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In a few SHOT videos I've seen today the Walther rep says the MSRP is $1299/$1399 for the irons/optics models.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Mag compatibility?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ok...here goes and some of you are not gonna like this.

The Q5 SF is made as a competitive gun to serve one purpose well....carry optics. It can also be used in production. However, there are much better production guns that a Q5 SF. It’s a mediocre limited gun and vastly outclassed as an Open gun.

Making the gun one inch shorter makes little sense other than the fact that a 4” vs 5” on a gun with an optic makes a little to no difference.

Positioning this as a carry or compact gun makes little to no sense to me.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That price tag should answer any questions along the lines of "will Walther ever bring back the P.38, P5 or P99?"...
Oh, yet they will ask...:eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok...here goes and some of you are not gonna like this.

The Q5 SF is made as a competitive gun to serve one purpose well....carry optics. It can also be used in production. However, there are much better production guns that a Q5 SF. It’s a mediocre limited gun and vastly outclassed as an Open gun.

Making the gun one inch shorter makes little sense other than the fact that a 4” vs 5” on a gun with an optic makes a little to no difference.

Positioning this as a carry or compact gun makes little to no sense to me.
I think the Q4 SF is best suited for CCP division in IDPA where a 4" or smaller gun is required. I did quite well last year with my PPQ 4" in IDPA and earned a good amount of Win With Walther cash, including a 1st place $1000 at the world championship. I'm interested in the Q4 mainly for the lighter recoil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts