Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can I use a tactical rail that normally works with a 2004 or newer P99 (the non proprietary format) with a 2003 P99 that has the old rail type?

Thank you very much for your answers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nope
The 2003 rail is different than the 2004 rail so nothing will mount to both types.

I purchased a tac light for my 2003 rail that actually fits.

I'll try to scan it next week when I'm off work again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went on ebay and purchased a tac light for my p99c it came with a rail adapter. You can find the adapters on ebay. Best of all they are walther made.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think i've seen those for sale on ebay as well but they come with a switch for it that kind of hangs on a wire, how does that work? does it just hang/dangle? or is there a way to mount it somewhere?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do not use the pressure switch I found it just adds too much bulk to the grip. I mounted the hook to the base of the light so all I have to do is rotate the front of the light to cut it on. Its a great light. The price about 70$ including shipping. About the same it would cost me to get a good tac light here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
not sure what hook you're talking about, from the sounds of it though, it cuts on and off just like a small maglite or something?

you wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?

also, how bright is it and/or how far does the light project?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its a walther tac light kit it comes with a rail adapter the light batterys rail hooks and 2 switches. The corded switch has a pressure switch that can be placed on the grip the other switch there is a button or you can tighten it to cut it on. Its bright much better than a mag light I do not have any photos but you can do a search on ebay for walther tac light and you should come up with a photo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts