Walther Forums banner

Walther Prediction Thread.

8K views 99 replies 26 participants last post by  Jimmo952 
#1 ·
With 2022 fast approaching, many firearms manufacturers are releasing details about new firearms and accessories.

S&W with their M&P 10mm. Cz with their new line of bolt guns to name two.

My question is, what will Walther come out with?

Will we see something big like the PPQ SF and PDP were or will we simply see a new tiger-print PK380 variant?

What do we predict Walther will do in 2022?

#2 ·
I would hope/guess that they will jump into the hi cap micro compact game to compete with sig, Springfield, S and W etc. I would guess it would probably have a slightly improved version of the PPS fire control system, optics cut at least as an option if not standard, and PDP texturing. While they would be late to the game with this, I think it would be a competitive product if priced right

#4 ·
I echo the desire that they release an updated PPS with higher capacity and integrated optics mount. Take design cues from the PDP or heck, just call it a PDP sc to replace the PPQ sc (as long as it keeps the slimmer profile of the PPS).

I also see multiple requests for a PDP 45 and for a PDP frame with paddle releases.

Personally, after the PPS replacement, I'd like to see Walther release some sort of long gun options (other than the Hammerli .22 that really isn't made by Walther). Make a nice PCC or something. But that's very unlikely and is just wishful thinking.

#6 ·
I could also see the Umarex side of the business updating their product line.

Instead of their PPQ22 they could offer a PDP22 with PDP grip serrations, slide profile and optics cut.

The CCP380 could get the CCP M2+ treatment meaning ability to take Glock sights.

I think the ability to take Glock sights is going to be a theme for a while.

#11 ·
I could also see the Umarex side of the business updating their product line.

Instead of their PPQ22 they could offer a PDP22 with PDP grip serrations, slide profile and optics cut.

The CCP380 could get the CCP M2+ treatment meaning ability to take Glock sights.
My prediction? That Walther continues to disappoint me with product releases that don't have the features I want.
I think you two nailed it right there.

#27 ·
I don't have high hopes, but I'd also like to see a steel framed .45 ACP or 10mm from Walther.

I'm also hoping for an updated/modernized PPS successor, possibly based off of the PDP as mentioned earlier.

Where's a good (firearms & finance) fortune teller when we need one...?

#28 ·
I don't have high hopes, but I'd also like to see a steel framed .45 ACP or 10mm from Walther.

I'm also hoping for an updated/modernized PPS successor, possibly based off of the PDP as mentioned earlier.

Where's a good (firearms & finance) fortune teller when we need one...?
It seems like all they have to do is make something like the inner workings of a PDP or PPQ and slap it inside a frame about the size of a Sig P365's frame, and then put a trapazoidal Walther slide on it. Boom. Problem solved. They need some new engineers if they can't figure that out.:p

#37 ·
They've pretty much said no paddle mag releases anymore.

My prediction looks at the past.

The P22 and PPS pre-dated the PPQ. When they released the PPQ, they updated the PPS and P22 to match the new style and ergonomics of the PPQ.

I think it's a good bet they will continue that trend, updating the P22 and PPS to match the PDP design language.

How much of that translates is hard to say. Could just be grip texture. Could be super terrain serrations. Could also include a low optic cut and Glock dovetails. They may extend these style queues beyond the P22 and PPS into the CCP as well. Hard to say, but it makes sense.

My other prediction is they drop PDP slides onto SF frames and sell them as the PDP SF.

These will all likely be rolling changes over time.

This is all speculation on my part.

#39 ·
One thing I think can be predicted with accuracy...the PDP will be released with colored frames...green, tan and grey.

I can safely predict this because these guns are now listed on Davidson's website.

No pictures yet but the SKU's are there.
Well now I need a gray one. That's fine. I need another gun anyway for my boys to use if they start going to competitions with me. Figured a PDP or PPQ would be good because I already have plenty of magazines and holsters and such.

#52 ·
So, today's IG live stream from Walther just finished. Not really any new information. What was odd was when he answered questions about new products. He specifically mentioned the PPS and said that the 6, 7, and 8 round versions are it for a while. The way he said it sounded very absolute and not like he was trying to avoid saying anything about a new product announcement. Questions about the P22 seemed to have more of that "avoid any real information" type answer hinting at upcoming changes. Questions about .45 or 10mm versions of the PDP kind of got a "maybe in the future" type of response, but they're trying to fill orders for the PDP versions they have - and he said they have orders for every PDP made for quite a while. It's been a very big hit and Walther is growing market share because of it. The PPQ is done and they are not making any PPQ versions any more except for the Q5 which will continue for now, and they have no plans to discontinue the SF series any time soon.

But he also mentioned SHOT Show and implied heavily that there will be some announcements there.

Additionally, he responded to questions about paddle mag releases and pretty much said those are not going to happen for the PDP. He said they just don't sell enough to make it worth it. Another Walther rep in the comments put numbers to the demand - 200 to 1 was the ratio for button mag releases versus paddle mag releases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.