Walther Forums banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
I agree with bbernard1. I'm wanting a PDP with 3.5" barrel and a grip about the same length as the PPQ/PDP compact. Something I can get a proper grip on and holds at least 15 rounds.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I agree with bbernard1. I'm wanting a PDP with 3.5" barrel and a grip about the same length as the PPQ/PDP compact. Something I can get a proper grip on and holds at least 15 rounds.
I'll be honest, the Canik SC has been tempting me for a good long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
233 Posts

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
233 Posts
I kind of hope the PPS M3 that everyone wants turns out to be more like a PDP SC. Something a tad thinner than the normal PDP, but with the shorter barrel of the PPS (3.2-3.5 inches) while taking a shorter 11-12 round magazine but still accepting the normal 15 round magazines with a grip extension collar around them. To me it would be the best of both, giving the option for a standard grip length or a shorter one for better concealment.

But honestly, I’ll probably buy whatever they make in that subcompact size as long as it has the red dot mount and higher capacity than the current PPS M2.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I kind of hope the PPS M3 that everyone wants turns out to be more like a PDP SC. Something a tad thinner than the normal PDP, but with the shorter barrel of the PPS (3.2-3.5 inches) while taking a shorter 11-12 round magazine but still accepting the normal 15 round magazines with a grip extension collar around them. To me it would be the best of both, giving the option for a standard grip length or a shorter one for better concealment.

But honestly, I’ll probably buy whatever they make in that subcompact size as long as it has the red dot mount and higher capacity than the current PPS M2.
I do feel the 12rd magazine is sort of the sweet spot. The Canik TP9 Elite SC really fits the bill nicely. Ideally something slimmer would be nice though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Desire but not a prediction. Engineer and produce lower/frame/modular similar to SigP365X. Build it with 10 or 12 round mag capacity, maybe a rail and works with existing PPS M2 slide assembly.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If I had to have a compact, a more modern P5 Compact sized pistol would be nice. Doesn't even have to be a falling block. Just keep the thing thin and light, but have a 10rd capacity.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
I'm happy with my Glock 19 for CCW. It seems like smaller concealable pistols are where the market is these days but a full size PDP .45 or Q5 SF .45 would sure hit the spot for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
if a subcompact just give enough for a 3 fingered grip! maybe an “in between“ model thinner but not too thin. I think they should offer both a sub and microcompact.

Beretta, FN and CZ all missed the boat by not offering them as 1.5 stacks with 10-12 rrounds. Hopefully, Walther and the new HK will hit it out of the park. Even Mossberg got the memo!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
if a subcompact just give enough for a 3 fingered grip! maybe an “in between“ model thinner but not too thin. I think they should offer both a sub and microcompact.

Beretta, FN and CZ all missed the boat by not offering them as 1.5 stacks with 10-12 rrounds. Hopefully, Walther and the new HK will hit it out of the park. Even Mossberg got the memo!
The Mossberg is even optics ready for the standard RMSc footprint for micro nines.

I do wish they would have used a standard rail though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Well...we know there will be PDPs with colored frames. We know this because they are already being listed by a large US distributor.

Other than that I predict we will see a new PDP-styled .22 made by the Umarex folks.

I think it will be slide-optics ready like the FN502 which I believe is also made by Umarex.

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
GOOD looking. Now, if they would sell the frames for a decent price, I'd be a taker.

I'm still wanting to see a P99C replacement with at least a compact size grip.....3.5" barrel and PDP Compact sized grip, or maybe just a little shorter, but not much. Need to comfortably get 3 fingers wrapped around it....and at least 12 rounds.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gas

61 - 80 of 100 Posts