1,330 Posts
Did want you add a 4.5" to my 4".

I'd be down for a colored 4.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Glock dovetails across the board would be a smart move in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In general I agree with that but a Glock dovetail on a PPK just seems...wrong.

I admit it would be darn practical though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I hate colored guns. IMO, guns should only come in three colors, "blue" "black" and "stainless". I can tolerate gray or olive drab, but once you start getting into 'Robin's Egg Blue' the line has been crossed from functional to fruity.

They are also showing a picture of a blackened PPK with what appear to be dovetailed sights.
Can you post a link please? I went to Davidons site and tried a google search but couldn't find this. Very intrigued because a black PPK is on my shortlist.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
They are also showing a picture of a blackened PPK with what appear to be dovetailed sights.
That would be a long overdue upgrade. I contacted Cylinder & Slide earlier this year about dovetailing an extra PPK slide I acquired and was told they have an 18 month backlog.

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I hate colored guns. IMO, guns should only come in three colors, "blue" "black" and "stainless". I can tolerate gray or olive drab, but once you start getting into 'Robin's Egg Blue' the line has been crossed from functional to fruity.

Can you post a link please? I went to Davidons site and tried a google search but couldn't find this. Very intrigued because a black PPK is on my shortlist.
I will try.

You can find it if you use the "gun genie" tool.

The sights on the black ppk are clearly different those those on the non-black version.

I don't know if the image is there in error or if it shows something soon to come.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
once you start getting into 'Robin's Egg Blue' the line has been crossed from functional to fruity.
My purple Ruger LCR .38+P is very functional. Black and stainless guns get boring after a while.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
485 Posts
Then you would have had the "greatest pleasure" if you had looked at the Taurus G2S, which until a few weeks ago was offered in Germany by the local importer Frankonia with a frame in the following colors:
Pink, purple, light green, dark green, gray, light brown, dark brown and black. :oops::D
At the moment you can still find this version:
Taurus Pistole G2S
Beautiful, isn't it? :D
Well, that would be great if Walther would also offer such colors one day, wouldn't it? :ROFLMAO:
BTW, in the meantime all mentioned colors except the linked one are sold out. ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
How is the Taurus brand perceived in Germany?
Until a few years ago, Taurus pistols didn't have such a good reputation.
But that has changed in recent years and they are seen as inexpensive, but still durable and reliable.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
233 Posts
So, today's IG live stream from Walther just finished. Not really any new information. What was odd was when he answered questions about new products. He specifically mentioned the PPS and said that the 6, 7, and 8 round versions are it for a while. The way he said it sounded very absolute and not like he was trying to avoid saying anything about a new product announcement. Questions about the P22 seemed to have more of that "avoid any real information" type answer hinting at upcoming changes. Questions about .45 or 10mm versions of the PDP kind of got a "maybe in the future" type of response, but they're trying to fill orders for the PDP versions they have - and he said they have orders for every PDP made for quite a while. It's been a very big hit and Walther is growing market share because of it. The PPQ is done and they are not making any PPQ versions any more except for the Q5 which will continue for now, and they have no plans to discontinue the SF series any time soon.

But he also mentioned SHOT Show and implied heavily that there will be some announcements there.

Additionally, he responded to questions about paddle mag releases and pretty much said those are not going to happen for the PDP. He said they just don't sell enough to make it worth it. Another Walther rep in the comments put numbers to the demand - 200 to 1 was the ratio for button mag releases versus paddle mag releases.

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So, today's IG live stream from Walther just finished. Not really any new information. What was odd was when he answered questions about new products. He specifically mentioned the PPS and said that the 6, 7, and 8 round versions are it for a while. The way he said it sounded very absolute and not like he was trying to avoid saying anything about a new product announcement. Questions about the P22 seemed to have more of that "avoid any real information" type answer hinting at upcoming changes. Questions about .45 or 10mm versions of the PDP kind of got a "maybe in the future" type of response, but they're trying to fill orders for the PDP versions they have - and he said they have orders for every PDP made for quite a while. It's been a very big hit and Walther is growing market share because of it. The PPQ is done and they are not making any PPQ versions any more except for the Q5 which will continue for now, and they have no plans to discontinue the SF series any time soon.

But he also mentioned SHOT Show and implied heavily that there will be some announcements there.

Additionally, he responded to questions about paddle mag releases and pretty much said those are not going to happen for the PDP. He said they just don't sell enough to make it worth it. Another Walther rep in the comments put numbers to the demand - 200 to 1 was the ratio for button mag releases versus paddle mag releases.
Thanks for the report.

Is video of that livestream available anywhere?

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
233 Posts
Is video of that livestream available anywhere?
Looks like it's on their Instagram feed as the most recent post right now.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Any mention of a chopped PDP? Like G26/PPQ SC sized? That would be cool too

41 - 60 of 100 Posts