Walther Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would hope/guess that they will jump into the hi cap micro compact game to compete with sig, Springfield, S and W etc. I would guess it would probably have a slightly improved version of the PPS fire control system, optics cut at least as an option if not standard, and PDP texturing. While they would be late to the game with this, I think it would be a competitive product if priced right
yes! This ^^^ I've been holding off on the double stack micro 9mm as I have a suitable carry option. I really hope Walther gets in the game and releases a new PPS variant or something to compete.

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
61 Posts
I don't have high hopes, but I'd also like to see a steel framed .45 ACP or 10mm from Walther.

I'm also hoping for an updated/modernized PPS successor, possibly based off of the PDP as mentioned earlier.

Where's a good (firearms & finance) fortune teller when we need one...?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't have high hopes, but I'd also like to see a steel framed .45 ACP or 10mm from Walther.

I'm also hoping for an updated/modernized PPS successor, possibly based off of the PDP as mentioned earlier.

Where's a good (firearms & finance) fortune teller when we need one...?
It seems like all they have to do is make something like the inner workings of a PDP or PPQ and slap it inside a frame about the size of a Sig P365's frame, and then put a trapazoidal Walther slide on it. Boom. Problem solved. They need some new engineers if they can't figure that out.:p

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sometimes you rub your eyes and ask yourself the question: Who buys and needs something like this and, above all, for what?
Preparation for a zombie war or a trench war like in WW1 (see drum magazine for the Luger 08)?
Even if some of you will get upset about this post of mine, I couldn't help writing it.
If you had a nice range set up with a shooting gallery of sorts (Think Hickok's set up with multiple steel targets, bottles and gongs) it might be nice to keep plinking and plinking away without constantly reloading.

But practically speaking? It's absolutely useless. Probably doesn't run well and even if it did the weight and bulk of it probably makes the pistol unwieldly.

I can't envision any scenario where you'd need to lay down large volumes of cover fire with your P365... Maybe, MAYBE it would be useful if you had one of those adapter rigs that turns your handgun into a carbine. Convert Any Full-Size Pistol into a Carbine

·
Registered
309 Posts
I predict Walther will continue to not offer a PDP optics plate for the Aimpoint ACRO, even when it proves to be the desired configuration.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts