Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 2022 fast approaching, many firearms manufacturers are releasing details about new firearms and accessories.

S&W with their M&P 10mm. Cz with their new line of bolt guns to name two.

My question is, what will Walther come out with?

Will we see something big like the PPQ SF and PDP were or will we simply see a new tiger-print PK380 variant?

What do we predict Walther will do in 2022?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would hope/guess that they will jump into the hi cap micro compact game to compete with sig, Springfield, S and W etc. I would guess it would probably have a slightly improved version of the PPS fire control system, optics cut at least as an option if not standard, and PDP texturing. While they would be late to the game with this, I think it would be a competitive product if priced right

·
Super Moderator
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would hope/guess that they will jump into the hi cap micro compact game to compete with sig, Springfield, S and W etc. I would guess it would probably have a slightly improved version of the PPS fire control system, optics cut at least as an option if not standard, and PDP texturing. While they would be late to the game with this, I think it would be a competitive product if priced right
I expect them to do the same and capitalize on the success of the PDP leveraging the PDP's grip texture and other style elements.

Walther sometimes does the unexpected though.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
159 Posts
I echo the desire that they release an updated PPS with higher capacity and integrated optics mount. Take design cues from the PDP or heck, just call it a PDP sc to replace the PPQ sc (as long as it keeps the slimmer profile of the PPS).

I also see multiple requests for a PDP 45 and for a PDP frame with paddle releases.

Personally, after the PPS replacement, I'd like to see Walther release some sort of long gun options (other than the Hammerli .22 that really isn't made by Walther). Make a nice PCC or something. But that's very unlikely and is just wishful thinking.

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Super Moderator
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could also see the Umarex side of the business updating their product line.

Instead of their PPQ22 they could offer a PDP22 with PDP grip serrations, slide profile and optics cut.

The CCP380 could get the CCP M2+ treatment meaning ability to take Glock sights.

I think the ability to take Glock sights is going to be a theme for a while.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My prediction? That Walther continues to disappoint me with product releases that don't have the features I want.

Give me a true micro .380 (the PPK and PK380 ain't it!).

Give me a 45 cal with paddle mag release and DA/SA anti-stress trigger configuration... and offer an all steel version, too!

·
Super Moderator
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My prediction? That Walther continues to disappoint me with product releases that don't have the features I want.

Give me a true micro .380 (the PPK and PK380 ain't it!).

Give me a 45 cal with paddle mag release and DA/SA anti-stress trigger configuration... and offer an all steel version, too!
I'd be all over a Walther high-quality small .380 with the anti-stress trigger.

They'd have to built it in the USA though, at least the frame.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd be all over a Walther high-quality small .380 with the anti-stress trigger.

They'd have to built it in the USA though, at least the frame.
I agree. I really like the features and foot print of the LCP Max, but wouldn’t be comfortable pocket carrying with the short, somewhat light, trigger configuration. If they made something with the same capacity and foot print, but in a DA/SA or even decent DAO, I’d be writing a check as we speak

·
Super Moderator
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree. I really like the features and foot print of the LCP Max, but wouldn’t be comfortable pocket carrying with the short, somewhat light, trigger configuration. If they made something with the same capacity and foot print, but in a DA/SA or even decent DAO, I’d be writing a check as we speak
I don't think you alone with that sentiment.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I could also see the Umarex side of the business updating their product line.

Instead of their PPQ22 they could offer a PDP22 with PDP grip serrations, slide profile and optics cut.

The CCP380 could get the CCP M2+ treatment meaning ability to take Glock sights.
I think you two nailed it right there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I dream of a real successor to the P5 compact. Can have a Browning lock, but hammer-fired with DA / SA in 9mm Luger caliber. So something similar to @Angry Hippo, but more powerful.
Or maybe a hammer-fired CCP with DA/SA.
If Walther offered something like this, I would immediately exchange such a pistol for my CZ P07.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Are you running 45 Super in an HK? If so, which one? What if anything did you have to change to run 45 Super in the gun?
I've run 200 rds of 185gr Buffalo Bore 45 Super thru my Mark 23. This ammo generates over 750 ft/lbs muzzle energy.

The Mark 23 has an XL adaptive recoil/buffer system that handles 45 Super. HK has patented this adaptive system.

The HK 17rd extended mags from HK Parts USA work great too......

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Luggage and bags Bag Gadget Font Automotive exterior

1 - 20 of 35 Posts