Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the walther family, this handgun is the first walther ive owned. Now I have a couple questions of what to buy for optimization and where I can/should get these things

Compensator, good brands and where to get one?
After-market guide rod to replace plastic one?
Good paddle holster?

Thank you ahead of time!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey and welcome!

1. Not sure what you mean by compensator... some Europeans call silencers/suppressors compensators and moderators. Is that what you mean?

2. Forgive the non-helpful response but why would you replace it? Did it break? I'm not sure I see the point in replacing a perfectly good guide rod. The PPQ was designed the way it is to be reliable without having to swap out parts.

3. For a paddle holster I like the Comp-Tac, and it seems to be a popular choice with others on this forum. There's a pretty long thread on PPQ holsters but it's worth reading through to get an idea of what's out there and get some user reviews.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I think you might want to run about 2K rounds through your Q before changing anything...get it well broken in and really get a feel for it ....

IMHO the PPQ doesn't really need a compensator (sorry I don't know where you could get one, a compensated barrel might be an easier option...maybe forum member Redfish can help).

(update 20:45) Actually, I just checked Earl's and he has compensators for threaded P99 barrels....maybe that could be an option for you

Ditto the guide rod, I'm not sure it is needed....but you can look to BT or DPM guide rods if you really must....

There are lots of great paddle holsters for the Q.....both leather and kydex, check the holster threads here to get some great evaluations....and btw be sure to get a good belt to hang that holster on!

Reactions: searcher451

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The beauty of this pistol, unlike a lot of the stuff on the market today, is that you don't have to add to it or replace assorted items to get it to work well. All you need to do is load it and shoot it, then repeat. Often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts