Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will reserve total judgement due to lack of information.

But just going on information here, it manages to to kill the only two reasons I have a PPQ. 1. Trigger 2. Mag release

·
Premium Member
13,560 Posts
I liken what’s happening with the PPX to the car market. It’s much like Ferrari and Lamborghini, marketing their precision built automobiles to discriminating buyers. And in doing so, they’ve limited their market to a certain group of people. Walther has been doing much the same thing…producing a product that appeals to discriminating buyers, thus limiting their market. So, why not produce a pistol (PPX) that’s geared to peak the interest of the average Ford, Chevy and Chrysler drivers? Something for everybody. It’s better to have a small percentage of the entire World market than a larger percentage of a market targeting discriminating buyers. I think they’re on to something….and coming to America with their own distribution/sales/repair network in a couple of months. I like it.

And from what I’ve seen/read so far, the PPX is not for me. I’m with twpayne on this one….I’ll stick with the things I like the best, and that’s the PPQ with it’s unbeatable trigger, paddle mag release, and excellent ergonomics….that’s my Ferrari

·
Registered
18 Posts
Following is from
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012/11/09/walther-ppx-information/

Interesting the author (not me) thinks the "PPX's overall shape seemed a bit blocky, and vaguely resembled a Hi Point pistol. I suppose the PPX is much more closely designed like the Walther PPQ, but I do not find the gun to be sleek or attractive. "

My PPQ looks better than the PPX

Read the original article here: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012/11/09/walther-ppx-information/ . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.

The new Walther PPX was on display at the NASGW Expo, and regular readers of this site have probably already seen some of the photos of the pistol. Here are some more details on the gun and some of my observations.
The new PPX will be available in 9mm and .40 S&W. The 9mm version will hold 16 rounds in the magazine. Alternatively, the .40 S&W will pack 14 rounds into the mag. Either way, you should have an adequate amount of felon repellant should it be needed.

When swapping magazines, the shooter will use a conventional push-button style magazine release, not the lever/paddle type found on some other models of Walther pistols. The mag release button is reversible for left-handed shooters.
Walther reps called the trigger pull on the PPX a “constant action” system. As I understand it, it is not a true double action pull, but rather a “prepped” pull with a relatively short, and perceptible reset. The system is hammer fired, not striker fired. A recessed and bobbed hammer can be seen at the rear of the slide.

The sights on the PPX were standard three-dot. At this time, there are no night-sights available or planned for the gun.

The Walther PPX has a Picatinny-style accessory rail forward of the trigger guard.
The overall shape seemed a bit blocky, and vaguely resembled a Hi Point pistol. I suppose the PPX is much more closely designed like the Walther PPQ, but I do not find the gun to be sleek or attractive. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you are welcome to disagree. Certainly, the PPX’s grip and control placement follows the PPQ design mold.
Two versions of the gun will be made: all black and one duo-tone. The duo-tone will have a black frame and a stainless slide. Both versions can be had in either caliber. MSRP for the all black is $499 and $549 for the duo-tone.

The Walther rep advised an additional version of the PPX would be released. This version would come with an extended and threaded barrel for the easy installation of a sound suppressor. Side note: How popular are suppressors becoming for Walther to make a threaded barrel option for each of their new guns?

Read the original article here: Walther PPX information :: Guns Holsters and Gear . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Entry level mass market gun for North America, it has to be.

An analogy in automotive terms...

The E-Type Jaguar (PPQ) got people in the showroom, the Jaguar sedans (PPX) made the money that allowed them to build the E-Type.

·
Premium Member
13,560 Posts
This is too easy...Walther has the PPQ for the discriminating pistol lovers, and now they're going to broaden their market and produce a pistol (the PPX) for everyone else....it's that simple. Marketing 101 !!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Very interesting and I can't wait to see more details about it and handle one.

I am wondering if the trigger is HK LEM type but with Walther quality trigger pull. If so I would be very interested in it.

Nice to see Walther coming out with a new model and Walther has been very good at not releasing a new model until it is ready for prime time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is too easy...Walther has the PPQ for the discriminating pistol lovers, and now they're going to broaden their market and produce a pistol (the PPX) for everyone else....it's that simple. Marketing 101 !!!
This makes sense. I would look for this new pistol to retail lower than the PPQ. Maybe up to $100 lower.

·
Registered
693 Posts
aha. So it's the P99/PPQ with a LEM/DAK/DAO, hammer-fire system instead of a DA/SA or SAO.

So it's an HK P30? Pretty cool, but not small enough to replace my PPS as EDC, and probably doesn't have a nicer trigger than the P99 to replace it as my range gun.

I'm happy Walther is continuing to branch out though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Or is I suppose to be like the Sig P250 series? (I maybe off on the series but the DAO cheap one they got)

·
Registered
713 Posts
And still nothing as far as a PPQc :( I want my PPQ shrunk dangit!!!!

Sent at lightning speed from my unholstered iPhone5
Did you try the hot cycle on your drier? It worked for my sweatshirt.:D

·
Registered
924 Posts
It's a brilliant move eliminating the two biggest complaints by PPQ detractors:

1. light pull of the striker

2. paddle mag release.

They will sell a boatload. Remember, Walther is not Santa Claus and is in business to make money. ;)

41 - 60 of 351 Posts