Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Too big to be a .380, I think. It's a full frame, based on the trigger guard. The trigger appears to be set too far back to be DAO.

My guess is DA/SA, with a slide mounted decocker button on the top/right side.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Photos to me it seems similar in size to the G19/23. Perhaps Walther has been reading all the forums online and made this as an answer.
1. Slide looks slimmer than Q for better concealment
2. No physical appearance in photos concerning a manual safety
3. Wide grip slightly shorter than Q, possibly using a more efficient design to keep capacity
4. button style release for popularity

Looking forward to reading more about it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I looked up the expo that it's being announced at and it looks like this is the last day. Announced the last day of the expo?

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Been looking at the image and it looks like the pistol is on a steno pad. If that is the case it may be about the size of a P99c

·
Registered
466 Posts
Judging by the slide length relative to grip length, it certainly looks more compact than the PPQ.

Better ergonomic design of the takedown lever.

Better sight contours, flush profile of the slide release, and greater bevel on the rear slide/grip.

Certainly hints at a serious stab at the concealed/carry market. But why the hammer without safety or decocker?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
If the picture was clearer, we could see the caliber marking on the barrel.

It's a blurry picture, but the caliber on the barrel looks like "9x19", or possibly "380ACP".

·
Registered
372 Posts
And why the cloak and dagger about it? I feel like the other side pic is something someone snapped while no one was looking.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm not interested either way. If this is a Walther product, I don't see what it offers over the 99-series pistols or the PPS, and if it is an Umarex product, I'm staying away from it.
I'm guessing it is a prototype or other pre-production item, features might change or the market might not even be the US
But a Umarex design or something that lacks a flipper mag release isn't going to generate much interest for me.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm guessing it is a prototype or other pre-production item, features might change or the market might not even be the US
But a Umarex design or something that lacks a flipper mag release isn't going to generate much interest for me.
The whole design seems strange to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Umarex's 9mm offering, as there is really no space in the Walther line-up for this pistol to fill up. I have absolutely no interest in an Umarex product judging by their previous designs.

With such a short hammer, and with such a short length of pull (for a DAO pistol), I would think that the trigger must have to be pretty heavy for the firing pin to reliably impact the primer.

I'm interested in who is making this pistol, what caliber it is in, what the trigger weight is, and what pistols this one was designed to compete against.

Also, looking at that dovetail, I'm wondering if PPS sights would fit.

21 - 40 of 351 Posts