Walther Forums banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
By the way, does anybody know what the abbreviation PPX stands for? Usually, one would ask the manufacturer, but I'm afraid their answer. Is it maybe Police Pistol X'ed out? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Balogh:

You're probably right.

I loved mine when I got it, but it has developed a tightness/scraping between the slide and the top of the barrel that is wearing the top of the barrel and making dry fire cycling and racking harder.

Not much longer An Enthusiast Of Pistols Manufactured By Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Zella Mehlis & Ulm/Do.

Walther PPX
Glock 21
Ruger SR9c

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I must ask this, and please take no offence, is the weapon clean and lubed properly?

Always good to start at the easiest solution and work up from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@BlitzPig
I've taken it to the range 3 times, but cleaned it at least 5 times, including one before first firing.

I don't trust cleaning down to field strip level only, so I usually take my guns in for a thorough cleaning annually. Since I haven't had this one a year yet, it hasn't gone in. My old, arthritic hands might not be able to get it back together, if I tried deep cleaning on my own.

I've taken the slide off, looked at it, disassembled and reassembled, but the slide just lays down on the barrel and scrapes now.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sorry lot's of posts here, maybe I missed it. Has Walther been contacted and what do they say? Any obvious or more than usual ware or scratch marks between the barrel and slide. Might not be a bad idea to clean the gun of all existing oil, completely dry. Then use white grease in the area's of concern. Once in a while the white grease will give a clue to the problem area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sent Walther an email but haven't heard anything. I'm not around my personal computer during the day, and I can't call from work.

I've had several semi-autos over the years, but this condition is new to me. There is no unusual wear on the shaft of the barrel, just the top of the "block."

I'll totally strip it and start over. I have been using CLP, but am thinking about changing to M Pro 7. Any thoughts on that?

How does the white grease reveal problems?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you apply the white grease to the affected area's, slide, barrel, and where you see the scratches. Move the slide a few times to see where the grease is dispersed. It's not perfect, but sometimes this will reveal an improper fit, mis-alignment or area's on the surfaces that don't match up.

341 - 351 of 351 Posts